• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleanng clubs

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
When cleaning my clubs, do I also wash the grips? I read somewhere that if you washed the grips with soapy water that it will make them tacky. I need tacky. Tacky is good.

How do you guys clean your clubs? What do you use for cleaning besides water?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The grip trick lasts for about half a round. If your grips are slick, replace them. Lots of guys use steel wool. It's just a temporary fix.

I've learned, through replacing tons of grips, that having a long lasting, yet cheap grip is the best. I use Golf Pride Tour Velvets, they're about 1.65USD each and last a long time. Cheap and they feel nice. Then it's only 25 bucks or so to replace my whole set.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Clean your irons with soap and water...WD40 is a great cleaner for painted metal woods.

longiron

May 2, 2005
soap and water and an old tooth brush. I clean my grips every other round.

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
Mine are brand new and were SHINEY the other day...not anymore. LOL. I think I wil clean mine at least every other round. The grips arent slick at all, but I wanted to make sure I take care of them.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I use dawn dish washing liquid, but any grease cutting soap will work.

The average grip will last 1 1/2 seasons. I know a lot of people don't change them that often but they will be worn and cleaning won't help for long.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
I never clean my grips I just use them and when they need replacing I replace them. Today I just put a new grip on my sandwedge, and I also cleaned my clubs. So now they are all shiny lol.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I sometimes spit on my clubfaces and wipe them with my bag towel. Works great.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.