• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland 460Ti - The verdict

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So I finally got my 460Ti and I couldn't wait to try it out, given all the cool things I have garnered from everyone who has joined the 460 Club on this site.

So my current stats are I hit it about 260-270 yards with a 10.5 degree 983K (sporting a Fuji Tour Release S shaft). I have a swing speed of about 100mph and my usual shape of shot is a slight draw. I have a fairly orthodox swing which maybe gets a bit flat / shallow at times, which leads to hooks or blocks.

All in all I tested it on 4 occasions in varying conditions, into the breeze, cross-breeze and down breeze, wet and dry etc. I probably hit it close to 150 times and did comparisons with my 983K and the Nike Sq Tour. Here's what I found.

The club looks great at set up, traditional but very inviting. Not overly large but generous. The grip feels good and swing weight is good.

I tried various tee heights and quickly worked out that the sweet spot is high on the face. So I was teeing it high. Good hits are rewarded with a tremendous whoosh off the club face. Very nice!!

In terms of length and dispersion, the 460Ti was longer and straighter than the 983K. I was quite analytical about this, hitting 10 balls at a time, 5 with one club and 5 (marked) with the other. Into the wind, across the wind, down wind and (on one evening with no breeze). Every time the 460Ti came out on top averaging about 10 yards longer and probably ~10-20% straighter. So why the long face? :(

My trouble was getting any reasonable trajectory off this baby. It seemed everything was drilled low and hard and very straight. Playing a links course this is great because I was getting close to 100 yards in roll. But I was only able to carry it out 200-220 yards. I was carrying the 983K about 240-250 but with less roll. It was noticeable. There are a few holes on my course where you need to carry it about 240 over mounds etc. so I want something that delivers more height.

My bad shot is a pull / hook, low and left. I felt that with only 8.5 degrees of loft it happened a bit too often. Perhaps it was that the club face was (or felt) closed or hooded at address, but I felt I had the try and open the club face a fraction to compensate. Maybe this was just a case of dialling it in. But it is something I was not getting with the 983K.

I would love to give this club a go in 10.5 degrees. I am sure it would make all the difference, but I just bought a new Sq Tour in 9.5 with a Graffalloy Prolaunch off a nice lady for a good price...;)

So there you go. I bought, I tried and I'm now moving on. It's not a bad review, but it's not a lovefest either. I should have hit demos in advance before buying. I was concerned that 8.5 degrees was not enough loft and it turns out I was right. Which has taught me an invaluable lesson. No matter what what people write about this club, until you have actually hit shots with it, or you will have no idea if it is right for you.

IG

🔥 Latest posts