• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Classic Series 6

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Alright so let me preface this with I have not purchased this club... yet. I was in a golfsmith goofing around on the putting green trying a bunch of different putters. I have liked the look and feel of the cleveland bronze series putters for awhile, but decided to try their other offerings, and their new line of putters is stellar. The Classic series 6 was my favorite, it has great weighting making it easy to keep the face square at all times, and the feel was excellent. I am going to be getting one of these in the near future as soon as I can convince my wife that I deserve to get another golf club hehe... If you are in the market for a new putter I highly recommend that you take a look at the clevelands. Oh and in the interest of full disclosure I have no affiliations with the Cleveland golf corporation hehehe...

stk_xx_large.jpg

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Very similar to the Odyssey #3 series

OP
floggerrushmd

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Except it has a milled face rather than an insert. It is more like the Odyssey Black Tour Series #5 only its MSRP is $79.99 rather than $269. Yet another reason to keep the cleveland putters in mind.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
only its MSRP is $79.99 rather than $269. Yet another reason to keep the cleveland putters in mind.

Oh for sure! I play a Black Series No 3 and had to wait until I found a used one for around $100 to order it since I wasn't investing $300 on it new..

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Good lookin' putter!! I love the 'mid-mallet' design. Used a Odyssey "Rossie" for many years. My current Studio Design No 5 is quite similar to this Cleveland that has your attention.
Cameron1.jpg
Cameron2.jpg

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just bought a Cleveland classic #4, along with my new Cleveland Monster driver. With gift cards, coupons, and a trade in I paid $19 for those two and a Little Cleo spoon for trout and salmon fishing. Plus got 300 points on the Dick's card so I'll be getting a $10 dollar off voucher for that too. That's what i'm talking about!

Anyways... the putter is indeed very nice. It came down to the #3 or #4. I actually like the look of the #3 better (zing look) however after fooling around with a few putters MANY times I discovered I had a tendency to block the #3. The #4 is more the Anser style and simply made more putts on more days. I didn't think I would be able to stay with the skinnier harder grip, but I think I like it now. I think it might help the feel for distance control. Now i'm pondering wedge setup and waiting for my irons to come back under control. I'm currently not even playing rounds. Not till my practice yields some improvement.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While putters are entirely subjective and personal choice, the Cleveland's don't hold a candle to the Odysseys in terms of feel and roll. You can throw the Scotty Cameron California series in there as well, but the Cleveland's are better than the California's head and shoulders.

Again personal preference, but that's what I think. I just went through an extensive putter demo with a colleague a week ago, and his focus was the three aforementioned putters in the Del Mar design. The Cleveland is nice, but it does not have the touch of the Odyssey. And the California's are an absolute disgrace for the money that they command for that poor of feel.

R35

OP
floggerrushmd

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I just had a head to head with the odyssey and the cleveland and I felt as if the odyssey had to much of a pinging feel where the ball jumped off of the face as compared to the cleveland which felt softer and the ball felt as if it was rolling much quicker. I have in fact bit the bullet and purchased one of these beauties, although none of the stores in my area had the 34" thus I had to purchase online. I will be posting pictures and sale info for my cameron (yes that is right this $80 putter beat out my cameron) in the classifieds later today.

🔥 Latest posts