• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Hibore Tour - Advice Please

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I've had a difficult time finding any information on the Cleveland Hibore Tour Driver. It seems that since the XL version came out I can't find anything on the non-XL. Can anyone provide me with some feedback or specs on this head? Thanks much, bames

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
I've had a difficult time finding any information on the Cleveland Hibore Tour Driver. It seems that since the XL version came out I can't find anything on the non-XL. Can anyone provide me with some feedback or specs on this head? Thanks much, bames

rock and yg should know

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The old HiBore?

It's high launch but high spin. Straight. Tee the ball lower. It's uncoventional wisdom, I know, but it's truth.

It also plays a bit higher loft than what's stated.

I found the heavier Tour version to be a better head than the retail.

You need an XL Tour? I have one, if you're interested.:laugh:

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
The old HiBore?

It's high launch but high spin. Straight. Tee the ball lower. It's uncoventional wisdom, I know, but it's truth.

It also plays a bit higher loft than what's stated.

I found the heavier Tour version to be a better head than the retail.

You need an XL Tour? I have one, if you're interested.:laugh:

R35

What are the specs on the tour head as far as being closed or open? I currently play a fairly predictable fade with my (stay with me now Rock) Titlelist 905R. If I move to a Tour version Hibore will I be prone to converting that fade into a slice?

Any big gains with the XL Tour over the first Hibore Tour?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I might be interested in the XL Tour depending on the specs? I'm looking for a 9.5*. Is it just the head or does it have a shaft in it already?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What are the specs on the tour head as far as being closed or open? I currently play a fairly predictable fade with my (stay with me now Rock) Titlelist 905R. If I move to a Tour version Hibore will I be prone to converting that fade into a slice?

Any big gains with the XL Tour over the first Hibore Tour?

I can't say if you'd gain anything. The HiBore, for most people, is straight, but short. That has ALOT to do with the proper shaft, as it can be a bomber. The Tour versions were a degree open.

The newer of the HiBore's (the XL) is much more forgiving due to the head design, and uses the "proper" tee height of "high and long". I can't say I prefer the XL over the original as I don't have much drivers seat time with the XL Tour, but in the limited time I did hit it, it was much longer off the tee.

I might be interested in the XL Tour depending on the specs? I'm looking for a 9.5*. Is it just the head or does it have a shaft in it already?

Mine is an 8.5*. Low launch. It's currently shafted with a Matrix Ozik Code 6 in stiff flex, 46".

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No idea. Until today, I never even thought about selling it.

I'll take offers through PM. With or without the shaft.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bull$hit. :laugh:

Well, not really. I was holding out to see if I couldn't trade it for an FTi in the spring.

So really, it's not BS. Technically speaking, anyways.

Let me put it to you this way, I have no intentions of bagging it, so if someone wants to give it a go, send me an offer. That'll put me closer to FTi road. And closer to once again falling off the wagon in which I was firmly entrenched not 24 hours ago. :(

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Matrix Ozik Code 6 stiff.

That last pic shows sole wear that isn't there when you look at it. It has some wear, but nothing at all that affects playability whatsoever.

R35
ximage002.jpg
ximage001.jpg
ximage003.jpg
ximage004.jpg

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I have, play, and worship the Tour Issue HiBore that rock had.

"wouldn't sell it to you for all of king midas' silver"

it is that good. or, it is that good since I found the right shaft for it.....the HiBore is very particular as to what shafts play well in it, but the Bimatrx I have in there now is the best I've found (for me) and i've had about 5 different shafts take turns in this head. mine's the 9.5 loft, and i believe it was 2 or 3* open,

I can put this thing 280 in the fairway 7/10 times without even thinking about it. i need to get on a launch monitor with it to get some hard data...but i'm killing it long and straight, and thats all i can ask for.
IMG_7729.JPG

🔥 Latest posts