• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher 460 Comp

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
These are on sale this year all over for around $300 since the new "Hi-Bore" is their new club. I got out for 18 today and had the second lowest score of my life (80) thanks to this club. 10.5 loft, standard reg. shaft.

I had tried it on a round of 9 holes but was getting the feel of it so didn't really try to pop any.

The club head gives me so much confidence I tweaked my swing a little to get more club head speed (usually a disaster). The course I played has lot's of trees and narrow fairways. If you can keep it in the fairway you can score. If not you're in big trouble.

I hit every fairway with this driver except two and those were really bad swings on my part. When you do it right this club delivers! I averaged about 280. Shortest was 250 and had one 310.

Balls this driver likes are Ultra, Callaway Hot and Noodle. Doesn't like the Nike power distance soft at all. Like hitting a donut and goes about as far.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, it's for sale for the first $200 (I'll pay shipping in US). I stupidly bought it without hitting it. The regular Cleveland shaft is much more whippy then I'm used to and when I swing a little hard I get a slice. I know it's not me because the Ping G5 (regular shaft) I'm hitting now doesn't do that. As I got used to this club I started putting a little more into the swing and found it was a disaster when I did.

I'm sure it's a super club if the shaft fits you.

I'm also hitting my Ping G5 better.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Having a Prototype Comp NT stiff shaft put in it. Will let you know how it works.

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
warbirdlover said:
Having a Prototype Comp NT stiff shaft put in it. Will let you know how it works.

Thats a pretty solid combo there, I'm sure it will be a great stick with the NT in it.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Adam: he is talking about a launcher comp, which I am sure ain't going for 140 quid our money. Not a barn dance...!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Prototype Comp NT shaft is in. Picked it up today. Try to report on it tommorrow.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hurt my back putting on my golf shoes in the parking lot! Could hardly stand but golfed anyway (if you could call it that). I hit 2 good drives with it but many bad. I've got to try it on the range before making a final decision.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The guy stuck a "regular" flex NT in it!! I TOLD him over and over I wanted the "stiff" flex. DUH!!! It's for sale. The first $200 (plus shipping) takes it. Over $440 in it so far.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.