• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher COMP 15* FW

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I rave about this every chance I get. It's time to produce my memorium.

First of all, this is an inexpensive club at this point. I bought it new at Dick's Sporting Goods for 99.99USD at the beginning of the season. The difference between the COMP model and the regular is that this head is made with composite material versus being entirely titanium. The difference in playability is that it produces a much quieter sound, and sends the ball on a higher trajectory than the regular.

Speaking of that high trajectory, it's ideal to me in a fairway wood. I paired the head with an Aldila NV 65-S (it came with a terrible stock fuji shaft) and the club is gold. The club sends it up, the shaft keeps it down; the net result is an eye-widening shot every time.

Off the tee, I have broken 300 yards twice with this club. The first time it actually scared me, because I wondered why I bothered spending money on drivers. I also considered that maybe I had measured wrong. The second time I was very careful about the counting. It did indeed happen. The face on this is HOT.

As for workability, I feel totally comfortable with this club, regardless of my not-being-an-exceptional-golfer. I can think of one time in particular, I had to make a 35* cut to the left around a tree that was about 10 feet in front of my, over a 100-yard pond, and into the fairway on the other side of the pond. A hundred things could've gone wrong. Nothing did. Ended up about 30 yards short of the green (had about 270 from where I started).

In closing, I'll say that this is an exceptional club. Every time I use it, I want to go spend money on Cleveland products on the sheer faith that they're gonna outperform everything else I have. Sensibility sets in though, and I can accept saying, at least, that this particular club is cash, without spending much cash to get it.

$2 Nassau

Jun 4, 2007
My sentiments regarding this club are exactly the same. Some days I wonder why I even take my driver out of the bag. I've never been able to find a 3wood that I hit with a penetrating trajectory, until I found this club.

And actually, the stock Fuji shaft worked great for me so I went with it. I too paid about $100 for the club, to date this is the best value curently in my bag. I ooze with confidence when I stand over the ball with this club in hand, the sound and feel from a center clubface hit is pure bliss.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Interesting. I didn't like the Launcher Comp driver but I'm going to be looking for a new (cheap) 3-wood this winter. If the price is right what the hell :)

🔥 Latest posts