• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher Comp

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Is it any good ? Am thinking of buying one with Aldila NV 65S in it. Brand new for £129 plus a tenner for next day delivery. Think a young 'un at the club is gonna buy my R7 for £175, so that in itself is too good to turn down.

What sort of ball flight am I going to experience with the combination of that head & that shaft ? Excellent price, it really is.

Titleist R is still a fantastic weapon. A little on the pricey side, that is the only thing.

Thoughts....??

:)

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
I have the same exact one... good flight.. good distance.. and forgiving:)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Not sure the conversion. You can get the Comp for around $300 USD, around $329 with the Aldila NV-65. The NV-65 will give you a lower trajectory, I personally love the trajectory and feel I get on a 10* G2. It was recommended I get an 8.5, which is not something I wanted to do. The Aldila seemed like a nice compromise, and one I am happy I made, I'm not getting any younger and wanted a club I could keep for a while. It definately plays lower than my old 9.5* TM Firesole with a stock shaft. Which gave me a very high trajectory that I was unhappy with and that and the bigger head was my main reason for changing.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
Not sure the conversion. You can get the Comp for around $300 USD, around $329 with the Aldila NV-65. The NV-65 will give you a lower trajectory, I personally love the trajectory and feel I get on a 10* G2. It was recommended I get an 8.5, which is not something I wanted to do. The Aldila seemed like a nice compromise, and one I am happy I made, I'm not getting any younger and wanted a club I could keep for a while. It definately plays lower than my old 9.5* TM Firesole with a stock shaft. Which gave me a very high trajectory that I was unhappy with and that and the bigger head was my main reason for changing.

Basically multiply by 1.8 or 1.85 to get into US $, matey.

You can now see what a real good deal I am getting on this stick as it would total much less than that $329 you speak of.

What about the Aldila 75S - is there much of a difference ?? I would rather have it, tbh.

There is a brand new Mizuno MX-500 with Aldila 75S going for 149 (or best offer) with free postage. What should I do, folks ?!??!

Thanks again..:)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Andy_79 said:
What about the Aldila 75S - is there much of a difference ?? I would rather have it, tbh.
I rarely see them new in the stores in my region with anything other than the stock shaft, the NV-65, or the Prolaunch Blue. These 3 are usually readily available, but it would probably either be special order or after market on the 75. After market the 75 runs $87, they may trade up for the 65 but not sure.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Wishon's book "The Search for the Perfect Golf Club" states you want to use the highest loft possible for maximum distance but there's so much more to it you almost have to read the book. The NV 65 is a low/mid-launch club and the ProLaunch is a high launch. The NV 75 is the heavier version I believe to get a different swing weight. The NVS is the mid-launch version of the NV. I put a shaft post in the equipment talk forum with shaft info.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Bah, I gave it another chance today for all of the people who love them here, still don't like it.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You should keep your R7 TP with speeder, or buy the 905R with V2.

You won't like the NV in a driver if you prefer a stiff shaft.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I agree with VT. You like your R7. You've said in previous posts that you LOVE the Titleist. What happens if you sell the R7, buy the Comp, and hate it? Think about it, mate. Save your money and get the Titleist.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Always try before you buy, just cause it looks nice and you like the shaft/head combo it may not suit your game so if possible try before you splash out

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I wasn't disappointed in it myself, just more impressed in the regular 460Ti. It was more consistent and longer.

I agree with VT about the shaft tho. If you like a stiff tip shaft, the NV is dogshyte.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
I wasn't disappointed in it myself, just more impressed in the regular 460Ti. It was more consistent and longer.

I agree with VT about the shaft tho. If you like a stiff tip shaft, the NV is dogshyte.

R35

You know that makes me wonder about the NV.

It is labelled a mid kicker, but I find it to play a little more low than say a speeder or a blue. Wasn't the NV a huge tour shaft when it first came out? I couldn't imagine pro's hitting this in their drivers?!?!?!

I play one in my 3W and I have grown accustomed to it, but I need to go real smooth or it's big high hooks for me

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I love Aldila Shafts, the only thing that I have used that I like as well is the Fujikara RE*AX, which I think suits me well.

As far as loft is concerned, I actually hit an 8.5 and 9.5 and sent the 8.5 consitantly about ten farther, but I launch the ball with the 8.5 a good height anyway.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.