• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher HB Driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I bought this because it had a very light shaft. It feels much like the old TM Burner Superfast. Only they've really improved it from that club.

I played it a couple days before writing this because it was not an "instant" success. Because of the light weight I was pulling everything left with my current swing. After experimenting I figured it out. I had to get more "lag" in my swing because I was swinging, well, "faster" due to the light weight (my goal). So using the same swing I used to use with the Superfast turned this driver into a magic driver.

Now I was hitting it long and straight in the middle of the fairway. I had a couple out to 250 (my maximum these days). No slicing or duck hooks whatsoever. Straight every time. And this has to be THE most forgiving driver I've ever owned.

Is it longer then my previous best driver, the King LTD? Nope. Is it as long? Yup. Is it more forgiving? I'd have to say yes. And that's saying a lot because the King LTD is super forgiving.

In Cleveland's ads it sounds like this is a very high launching driver. For me it's not. Beautiful, piercing shots high enough to get maximum distance and still get some roll out. I have the 10.5° version. The Miyazaki C. Kua stiff shaft felt very nice for being so light.

So if you're in the market for a new driver at a very fair ($300) price check this out and hit a few at a golf store. You'll be really surprised.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I bought this because it had a very light shaft. It feels much like the old TM Burner Superfast. Only they've really improved it from that club.

I played it a couple days before writing this because it was not an "instant" success. Because of the light weight I was pulling everything left with my current swing. After experimenting I figured it out. I had to get more "lag" in my swing because I was swinging, well, "faster" due to the light weight (my goal). So using the same swing I used to use with the Superfast turned this driver into a magic driver.

Now I was hitting it long and straight in the middle of the fairway. I had a couple out to 250 (my maximum these days). No slicing or duck hooks whatsoever. Straight every time. And this has to be THE most forgiving driver I've ever owned.

Is it longer then my previous best driver, the King LTD? Nope. Is it as long? Yup. Is it more forgiving? I'd have to say yes. And that's saying a lot because the King LTD is super forgiving.

In Cleveland's ads it sounds like this is a very high launching driver. For me it's not. Beautiful, piercing shots high enough to get maximum distance and still get some roll out. I have the 10.5° version. The Miyazaki C. Kua stiff shaft felt very nice for being so light.

So if you're in the market for a new driver at a very fair ($300) price check this out and hit a few at a golf store. You'll be really surprised.
Nice review WBL!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
giphy.gif

Members online

No members online now.