• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher? Hi Bore? Steel? Comp? Ti?

Chas

Dec 10, 2005
Sunny Southern California
Country
United States United States
Went on ebay to consider buying a Cleveland Launcher 19, 5 wood. First of all, prices are from $14.00 to 149.00... What gives? Then, there is the Hi Bore; has it replaced the Launcher or is it a hybrid? Then there is the option of Steel, Ti or Comp. What is the difference and what should a slow swinging senior go for?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The hibore is a different model.

The COMP model uses composite materials in the head to rearrange some weight and give you a higher ball-flight. I use a launcher COMP 3w and I SMOKE the thing. It's great.

The hi-bore, as I've been advised, is a shorter distance club. The launcher fairways are pretty cheap even brand new, so I would go with them. Make sure you get a better shaft than the stock LAUNCHER shaft. You should be able to get it with an aldila NV without much effort. I sold my COMP 5w recently, else I'd offer it to you. I miss it, but I just didn't have room in the bag.

Launcher COMPs are great FWs though. I imagine the steel is equally nice, but with a lower ball flight.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.