• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland TA4 Iron set pricing?

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Hey guys, need a little help if anyone has some insight.

Background - Currently been playing the TM RAC OS 2005 irons...hit them nice and flush, but am constantly fighting the lefts with them...they just naturally draw far too easy with a relaxed release. I'm always having to hold off the release to control them. Did not have this problem with previous irons..relatively straight hitter.

Now, my neighbor who doesn't play any more, has a nice set of Cleveland TA4 irons, and 588 wedges (49,53,60). I already bought the wedges off him for $40 for the three and re-gripped and love them.

I borrowed the 5 iron last week, had it re-gripped and have played a couple rounds with it and while it still may be the honeymoon, it is a dream to hit with around half the offset if that, of my RACs.

I just snagged the rest of the set from him (3-PW) and he said I can re-grip them and if I like them make him an offer.

What do you think is a fair offer? Do I take into account the re-grip costs? They have sat for probably 4-5 years easy if not more...so grips are shot.

As for shafts they are standard True Temper stiff...no idea on model number.

I was thinking offer $100.00 What does the jury say?

Thanks for reading and helping, Bryan

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think your offer is fair if they are in good nick. I had a TA4 5 iron back in the day. I played only Cleveland for my next 5 iron sets. Great mid handicap stick. GG has a set, and they want $150.

OP
bryank

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Thanks Clugnut, I appreciate it. Thinking it can almost be a straight trade off once I put a little into these, and sell my RACs and TM wedges. That will make the wife happy as she hears my frustration with the RACs...but didn't really need anymore money leaving the house right now.

Sounds great, I'll offer $100 and see what he says.

Have a safe and happy New Year! Bryan

🔥 Latest posts