• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clicgear cart

dbwood

Dec 11, 2008
Well I bought one of the those expensive push carts yesterday as a christmas present to myself. I got a Clicgear 2.0. The store mgr. showed me how it folds up and down and how smooth it rolls. I got it home and unfolded it to show my daughter how it works, then folded it up and took it downstairs and set it up with my clubs in it to admire and dream of warmer days. When I was folding it up to put it away the plastic tray across the top of the handle broke off on one side. The bracket that holds the cart together for transport is attached to the tray and the tray simply broke from the force to latch the bracket. The tray is attached to the handle by 2 plastic tabs on one side that broke, one tab is maybe 1.5" long and 1/4" thick, the other one is smaller. I took it back to the retailer and a young salesman, (not the mgr.) said they didn't have any more carts in stock to replace it with so I got my money back and called it a day. I'd like to think that this was a one time quality control issue and not a design issue because I really do like the cart, but now I'm kinda spooked.
Do any of you have a Clicgear cart that has broken? If so did you have any problems with the warranty dept. at Clicgear? If there is a durability issue with the Clicgear then I'm thinking of going with the Sun Mountain.
Any advice appreciated: Dean

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
A number of people here have the Clic cart & so far none of them have mentioned any issues. I think they look cool but I wasn't about to spend the $$ for one. I have a Bagboy which ws right around $120 & is fantastic, very robust in construction & has taking a real beating from me.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
My wife and I have Sun Mountains....but a few friends have the Clicgear and are very happy with them....I know one buddy had an issue with something like you are having and they took care of it fast.

OP
D

dbwood

Dec 11, 2008
Duh... If I'd been paying attention I would have noticed there already was a current clicgear thread.
Thanks for the responses. The Bag Boy certainly is less money, I'll have to go look at one and the Sun Mountain this week.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I think the Clic Gear is just gimmicky and stupid. The BagBoy Compact 600 is a SWEET little unit. Last I knew it was like 119 at Sport Authority, and 149 at Dick's. I've seen both carts, and I'd DEFINITELY take the Bagboy over the Clicgear.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I think the Clic Gear is just gimmicky and stupid. The BagBoy Compact 600 is a SWEET little unit. Last I knew it was like 119 at Sport Authority, and 149 at Dick's. I've seen both carts, and I'd DEFINITELY take the Bagboy over the Clicgear.

I've had the Bagboy 120 and now the Clicgear 2.0. There is no comparison. The Clicgear is the best I've seen, the best I've used, and the best I've seen used.

Everyone I know that has the highest-end Sun Mountain at my club now wants the Clicgear 2.0 after testing mine for a bit. After seeing how easily and quickly it folds up, and how small it is in the trunk, they are sold.

Then they see it on the course. I can just let it roll down fairways, and down hills without worrying all that much about tipping. They can't. While it is rolling freely, I am walking without having to push or carry anything. Pure bliss. It feels a lot like how the pros must walk the course.

To the OP, I haven't broken anything on my cart. Before opening it, make sure to watch the DVD a few times. It is REALLY simple to open and close it safely, but it is NOT intuitive at all.

OP
D

dbwood

Dec 11, 2008
When I bought the Clicgear the salesman showed me how to fold and unfold the floor unit, and I looked at the instructions anyway when I got it home. It's really simple how it works. But when I folded it up it just broke. I don't know if it was damaged before/during shipping or what. At any rate I looked at another one today and was going to get it but I knew it would always be in the back of my mind that it might break. I got the Sun Mountain V1 instead. Who knows, it might break in 6 months too, stuff happens. The only practical advantage that I can see to the Clicgear is the small transport size. The only advantage to the Sun Mountain is maybe the storage net. I've seen folks roll their 3 wheelers down the hill in front of them before, I likely won't be doing that regardless of what cart I have. Anyway I've got a 3 wheeler now and I don't have to drag my falling apart 2 wheeler around anymore.
Thanks for the info: Dean

Terp

Feb 16, 2008
I have had the Sun Mountain V1 for about a year now. Its a great push cart, very stable, and easy to push. Be sure to keep the tires inflated properly and the brake cable adjusted. The only issue I have had is the plastic clip that holds the grass seed bottle (nice accessory by the way, as is the cooler pack) broke off. I called Sun Mountain and they sent 2 replacements by mail that day.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
sssmokin bought one last year and likes it alot.

Not to steal the thread... :prop: but the stories of rolling carts down the fairway in front of them (which lot's of friends do with their 3-wheelers) I saw a guy with one of the battery powered carts walking along with his controller in hand and his cart 30 yards or more in front of him and had the batteries in his controller go dead. He couldn't control his cart and was running down the fairway trying to catch it before it went in the pond it was headed for. Really funny. (He caught it.... barely)... :)

🔥 Latest posts