• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club Champ?

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
We had our club championship this weekend at two different courses. Courses that I never played before. Yesterday I shot a blah, type 77. Figured I was out of it. Today I tripled a hole and had a couple of bogeys and shot a 74.

Like I said, I thought I was out of it. Now I have only been playing with this group for about three months. Great group of golfers and nice people. Well, at the end of the day, I found out the flights were all based on net scores. I played in the "A" flight and won, making me the club champion. I feel good that I won, but there were at least two other golfers that scored lower for their gross scores. I might suggest to the group that they ought to make a spot for club champion with the gross score.

Oh well. Played well today none the less. Can't wait to hit the links again. Probably shoot an 85...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's awesome!

I like the way they set up a couple of the local ones. They do it in flights, get you placed, then go gross.

Me? Well, net or gross its a wash for me.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online