• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club Champion again!

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
I play in a club with a group of 45 year-olds and older. Males and females. This last weekend was our club championship. We don't have a home course. We played two rounds on two different courses.

The first round was in Scottsdale at Legend Trails. It is a typical desert course where there are lots of shots that have to carry or you're in the desert crap. Also has lots of blind shots. I ended up shooting an 83.

The next day was played at a course in Sun City West called Hillcrest GC. I guess they used to play an LPGA event their and lots of other USGA sanctioned evnets there. To bad it wasn't in very good condition, but it was the same for all that played. Ended up shooting a 77.

Now you ask, how did I win? There were four flights, a-d; "a" flight being the lower handicappers. On the first day, my handicap was a 10. he second day it was a 9. I ended up wining the "a" flight with the handicaps adjusted so all said and done, after they handicaps were adjusted, I ended up with a 141. Two years in a row!

BTW, the low gross for the two days was 149.

🔥 Latest posts