• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club fitting

bobbyp

Sep 5, 2008
Hi all. New to site. Impressed with discussions I've read.

My stats:
Golfing 30+ years (50 years old)
Play to single digit (5)
Equipment Hogan APEX Pro forged, (cleveland gap, sand and lob) Titliest 970D driver, pro-v ball

My first question is on iron fitting. I've reshafted to dynamic gold stiff, standard length on irons. Had a lightweight tour tt shaft R but shots tended to fade. Clevelands have the original shaft in them. More concerned about the reshafted clubs.

My friend is a Golfsmith trained clubmaker. I was hitting off his lie mat with lie and face tape. ALL the Hogan irons were hitting direct center of clubface but the sole marks were 1/4 to 1/2" toward the toe - on all the irons. I'm having him bend 1 degree upright on all the irons thinking that my toe divots will level off. Ball flight was straight with nice ball compression on P thru 7 but 6 through 3 iron the ball faded to right.

Am I on the right path to fixing toe divots and fade on long irons? I am 5' 10" tall but have short legs for my size 30" inseam and longer arms than average but the standard length seems to fit me OK. It's just the toe divot that bothers me. Of course, it sometimes results in a toe hit - which goes absolutely nowhere.

Thanks in advance!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Welcome to Shottalk!

That's a toughy, really. I mean, I don't really fit my prescribed sizing, a lot of it depends on swing. The best thing you can do is try the new ones, and see if the fit better. If not, get it fixed.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.