• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club Fittings Question

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
“Went out and played today, just might be something to those graphite shafts you keep speaking of...” was the text he sent me. How do I even work with this??

And no Limp, he played with his old clubs, not the ones I showed him are better for him. 🤦‍♂️

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Since my monumental breakthrough with the FIL, the wheels have kinda fallen off. He has way too much time on his hands in retirement and doesn’t pay enough attention!! He’s gone out on his own, since our time on the range, “running with my ideas” apparently and purchased a bunch of new clubs...

He bought the M4 irons that he did try with me. Says they ‘feel more like a stiff shaft, that he still needs?!?!?!” A Callaway driver and 5w, he can’t tell me much more about than manufacture... Obviously I assume he’s out breaking course records this morning!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Since my monumental breakthrough with the FIL, the wheels have kinda fallen off. He has way too much time on his hands in retirement and doesn’t pay enough attention!! He’s gone out on his own, since our time on the range, “running with my ideas” apparently and purchased a bunch of new clubs...

He bought the M4 irons that he did try with me. Says they ‘feel more like a stiff shaft, that he still needs?!?!?!” A Callaway driver and 5w, he can’t tell me much more about than manufacture... Obviously I assume he’s out breaking course records this morning!
Much better that he's out buying/trying/playing golf clubs than sitting in a recliner watching Oprah reruns!!!! Too many retire and rot away. Some days I play so bad I wonder why I ever left the house. Then, it dawns on me that I'm outside, getting in some minimal exercise, smelling the fresh cut grass, and enjoying life... just not enjoying golf at that specific time!!!! :>)

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Much better that he's out buying/trying/playing golf clubs than sitting in a recliner watching Oprah reruns!!!! Too many retire and rot away. Some days I play so bad I wonder why I ever left the house. Then, it dawns on me that I'm outside, getting in some minimal exercise, smelling the fresh cut grass, and enjoying life... just not enjoying golf at that specific time!!!! :>)
This is very true Limp, I am happy that at least he’s not sitting at home rotting away... OHHH he watches way worse than Oprah, my lord way worse!!

Just gets a little frustrating when he keeps coming to me for help and advice (I know its weird.) Then turns around and does the exact opposite!! As I think I’d mentioned before, I was actually hoping to buy these clubs for him, as a gift. His son and I have been discussing this for a while. So it was really about obtaining information for me to make the proper decisions, for him!! He’s done screwed that up now...

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
And cue the whining... oh this guy, does anyone want him?? Cause I really don’t think his daughter does anymore!! LMAO

As usual our conversation over thanksgiving dinner turned to my FIL’s golf game... he now thinks he needs some lessons because these new clubs aren’t doing like he thinks they should. 🤦‍♂️

He’s not even for sale, you can just have him!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And cue the whining... oh this guy, does anyone want him?? Cause I really don’t think his daughter does anymore!! LMAO

As usual our conversation over thanksgiving dinner turned to my FIL’s golf game... he now thinks he needs some lessons because these new clubs aren’t doing like he thinks they should. 🤦‍♂️

He’s not even for sale, you can just have him!
Get used to us crazy old people. We outnumber you!! We will make your life miserable. That's our goal! Down with arrogant youth. We know it all, just like you did when you were a teenager!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This 100%!! And its so weird to see myself typing this!! But its true!
No matter how hard headed us old fogies are, just be glad you've still got your parents. Enjoy the time you have with them. We're living longer, so... hopefully... we can make your lives miserable for a long time!

Wife's dad passed away unexpectedly during their 30th year of marriage. He was 50. My mom passed right after their 40th wedding anniversary. She was 65. We celebrated our 56th anniversary last month and both seem to still be in good health. So many miracles of modern medical technology!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
No matter how hard headed us old fogies are, just be glad you've still got your parents. Enjoy the time you have with them. We're living longer, so... hopefully... we can make your lives miserable for a long time!

Wife's dad passed away unexpectedly during their 30th year of marriage. He was 50. My mom passed right after their 40th wedding anniversary. She was 65. We celebrated our 56th anniversary last month and both seem to still be in good health. So many miracles of modern medical technology!!
Very wise words Limp! Just remember, the kids get to pick which retirement home you old fogies end up in! LOL

I get very jealous of my kids, they currently have both sets of grandparents, they have no clue how lucky they are!! My grandfather passed the year before I was born and my grandmother passed a month or two after I arrived, on my father’s side. My mom’s father passed suddenly when she was still very young. So I never knew him either!! Mom’s mom passed away when I was 8, my sister doesn’t even remember her, which is sad!

My kids even had a great grandpa up until a few months ago, when momma bear’s ‘Papa’ lost his battle with cancer. Her grandmother also passed when she was young, so we sit back with envy watching our kids enjoying their grandparents.

🔥 Latest posts