• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Club-Ho" step?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
ok, from the "YG b-day" thread, here's the deal. i currently play a TM burner 420 8.5 degree. today i was at my local sams club, they had my TM burner in many degrees and flexes, for 100 bucks, they also had the old nike forged drivers in just as many degrees and flexes. the other day when i was at the "golf galaxy" in our area, they had a used cleveland launcher 400 for 140,

as soon as i can go, i'm gonna go back to the galaxy and use their launch monitors to test the nike, the cleveland, and take my burner to see which i hit better, whichever does best i will buy, if I hit my current burner the best, i will buy another in either the same degree i have now, or a 9.5

does anyone have arguments for and against each driver, thanks alot

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sounds like your taking the right approach to finding out what's the best for your game. Testing out as many as you can is totally worth it. Yet it could turn out that your current driver is the one.

Let us know how it goes. Every stick out there works for someone.....

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
if my current one is the right one i wouldn't doubt it, but i think i want something that gives me just a little bit higher ball flight, i've heard the cleveland gives that as well as the nike, and if my current is the best, then maybe i'll get a higher lofted one

funny story today, for our practice we went to the range, see we are hitting off the mats where you can stick a normal wooden tee in, and i teed one up to hit the driver, i had a good takeaway, felt balanced at the top, on the way down the ball falls off the tee, i am able to adjust and sweep it clean, a towering 250 yarder straight down the pipe, great times,

Members online

No members online now.