• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club ho'ing is hard work

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
I took a long break from the game and decided to get out and play some again this year. The stuff I had was fine except for the shafts in my irons. I was just going to re shaft the irons I had but the prospect of a decent tax return and shiny new sticks had my head spinning. I found a shop in Lexington with track man and all the necessary things for fitting me for any brand I wanted including friendly and helpful service. I wound up getting a set of Mizuno jpx 825 pro irons in 5- Gw. Then I decided the wedges I had weren't good enough I spotted some nice wedges in the used bin and looked through them. I found a 55/12 callaway x forged sand wedge and a Vokey sm4 60/04 had them regripped with mid size tour velveta and walked out with them for $80 bucks. Of course I had to fill the long iron gaps left in my set and scored a 2 and 3 hybrid off eBay for $50 a pop brand new in the plastic. Later I thought maybe is look for a three wood to replace my trusty cleveland vas titanium I've had for ever. Low and behold there was a Tour Edge Exotics CB4 three wood in the used rack for $60 with an aldila rip 70 g stiff in it. Hit it against my three wood on the track man and left there with it. Now I'm wanting to get fitted for a new driver. Nothing wrong with the G10 ping I have at all. I hook it off the friggin planet sometimes but that's me not it. Does this ever stop or am I going to be doing this constantly? All I wanted was to play with my dad on the weekends and have some fun. Now we're spending all our extra money ho'ing clubs and looking for something better all the time. This game is addictive and expensive!

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Just got an email from GlobalGolf they are doing a big sale right now on clubs. They even have niblicks and mashies in the mix just for you

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I came home today to a nice box from global golf, a day early even! Imagine my delight after a busy day!

I love ho'ing clubs and if you do it right you won't spend any of your money!

🔥 Latest posts