• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ClubHouse Food?

Jay Munson

Sep 10, 2012
Is tournament time the only time that golf courses partake in the offering of quality foods? I am talking of quality food, not day old hotdogs you and your pals scarf down between the ninth and tenth tee, in order to get ahead of the turn. No I am talking BLT sandwiches with a pickle spear and fries or a taco bar on Saturday for lunch, or even a little sawmill sausage gravy and biscuits for the A.M. crowd.
These delicious culinary items can be had, can be offered, and simply for a small price. Have you started salivating yet, I have.
Well golf courses have some options to address. Yes, I the Hungry Golfer the voice of the grumbling hungry bellies of all the Jane’s and Joe’s of the golf course, am giving golf courses options. Think about it Courses, these items are inexpensive to purchase, relatively easy to prepare given your current culinary equipment, and can be found at any local grocery store.
The BLT is a slab of bacon, (precooked if your really rushed), lettuce, mayo, sliced tomato and toasted bread. Done. And averaged that up; you can cook this sandwich, one sandwich for about fifty-five cents total, the left over ingredients can still make up to possibly ten more sandwiches. So at the cost of fifity-five cents give or take to make one sandwich, maybe six dollars or so in total cost of ingredients, and averaging about ten to twelve sandwiches per six dollars, we see that one BLT for the golf course, cost about fifty cents total.
Sorry Joe and Jane’s, Courses I bet you could sell those fifty-cent sandwiches for around six to eight dollars. Yeah courses, that is a three hundred and fifty percent profit markup. Now I can say for the taco bar, the same low cost to the Courses with a nice average of price tag associated with it. But, being hungry golfers does not make us stupid golfers. Say you get rid of the old hotdogs and the flash frozen burnt but still frozen hamburgers and replace it with quality foods, we welcome that, but if you place a price tag on the new foods that will siphon cash from wallets, then I can tell you what will happen.
For instance, my cooler fits up to a twelve pack of beer and a sandwich, chips, pretzels and peanuts. That in clubhouse prices is around twenty-five dollars. A lose in profit due to a greedy manager is not good for business.
So Jane’s and Joe’s of this golf world, call up your course and ask, “Hey, can we get some good grub on the menu?” and courses, don’t be afraid of change, satisfy your customers with the triple threat, Golf, Beer, and Good Food.

More from the Hungry Golfer - Jay Munson
coming soon!
Enjoy

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
straight up - why do you play golf? every thread you've started has beers and cooler and food.....nothing positive about the game of golf.....those are last things on my mind when i go to play a round. i'm no tour player, but if i wanted top notch food and ice cold beers, then i'll be visiting a restuarant and not a golf club!!

my 55c old hotdog.......

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Okay, what's the story with Tiger Woods crapping in limp's oatmeal? I'm too new here to know the back story, so if someone could please fill me in I'd appreciate it.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Okay, what's the story with Tiger Woods crapping in limp's oatmeal? I'm too new here to know the back story, so if someone could please fill me in I'd appreciate it.

Ask SUX. He invented it and its quite proud of it hehehe

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005

A fine day in the history of ShotTalk!

limpalong has this seemingly irrational and passionate hatred for all things Tiger. In some thread during some tournament he was unleashing 90 paragraphs about how tiger should/would fail. I expressed the desire to see Tiger succeed, and soil Limp's breakfast in the process. Since then I've become famous, and the line has become a faint whisper of a brighter time in our lives.

Our children's children's children will be wishing dumps into the breakfasts of Limp's grandchildren's children's children. Circle of life. Lion King.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A fine day in the history of ShotTalk!

limpalong has this seemingly irrational and passionate hatred for all things Tiger. In some thread during some tournament he was unleashing 90 paragraphs about how tiger should/would fail. I expressed the desire to see Tiger succeed, and soil Limp's breakfast in the process. Since then I've become famous, and the line has become a faint whisper of a brighter time in our lives.

Our children's children's children will be wishing dumps into the breakfasts of Limp's grandchildren's children's children. Circle of life. Lion King.

Dude, I so needed this post. This week has been a tough one for me and this classic post just brought me out of a slump, even if only temporarily. My vote for post of the year in tandem with the original post. Funny as hell if you are one of the lucky ones to be around for all of that to develop.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I especially love the "unleasing 90 paragraphs" part!

Members online

No members online now.