• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

clubs for a girl

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Normal video, which is 30 frames per second. So in my swing, it takes 27 frames to complete the backswing, and 9 frames to complete the downswing. Total 36 frames. 36 frames divided by 30 frames/sec. = 1.2 sec.

Any video editing software (or even VCR) should be able to play back frame-by-frame.
Having thought about just this same thing after knowing a bit about Tour Tempo, and being fitted with a tempo timer on my last irons. As far as a proper shaft, I think it is also an evaluation considering swing speed or averaging distance as well. So this likely serves as a nice gauge on "in-between" cases. So say if I hit the ball as far as you, yet I do so in 1 second as opposed to 1.2. It would likely tell you (outside of my major swing flaws) I also likely have a quicker tempo. AKA, I have a jerky swing. From a shaft standpoint, if you have a quicker tempo or jerky swing it would likely lead you to a stiffer shaft.

So if you have a speed or distance that puts you in a borderline regular~stiff shaft, yet you swing the club in 1s, then it gives a nice gauge that maybe the stiff shaft is the better option to account for the quicker tempo. Which was the case with me.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Having thought about just this same thing after knowing a bit about Tour Tempo, and being fitted with a tempo timer on my last irons. As far as a proper shaft, I think it is also an evaluation considering swing speed or averaging distance as well. So this likely serves as a nice gauge on "in-between" cases. So say if I hit the ball as far as you, yet I do so in 1 second as opposed to 1.2. It would likely tell you (outside of my major swing flaws) I also likely have a quicker tempo. AKA, I have a jerky swing. From a shaft standpoint, if you have a quicker tempo or jerky swing it would likely lead you to a stiffer shaft.

So if you have a speed or distance that puts you in a borderline regular~stiff shaft, yet you swing the club in 1s, then it gives a nice gauge that maybe the stiff shaft is the better option to account for the quicker tempo. Which was the case with me.
Good point.

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I think we're all on the same page with this tempo stuff :) I just need to stop swinging like a girl :)

her release seems pretty late too - I gotta work on that

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think we're all on the same page with this tempo stuff :) I just need to stop swinging like a girl :)

her release seems pretty late too - I gotta work on that
Yeah, I don't know, I think if it was my sister and I knew I would be playing golf with her in the future I would likely give her a fishing rod and tell her to go practice with that in the back yard. Then when she became comfortable with the motion and got really good with getting the lure to go really far, to just try and duplicate that with the golf club as it is generally the same concept. :prop:

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, I don't know, I think if it was my sister and I knew I would be playing golf with her in the future I would likely give her a fishing rod and tell her to go practice with that in the back yard. Then when she became comfortable with the motion and got really good with getting the lure to go really far, to just try and duplicate that with the golf club as it is generally the same concept. :prop:

Brilliant. Sabotage is an art :)

🔥 Latest posts