• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clubs stolen

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
if they were in your truck, couldn't you make a claim on your auto insurance?

Nope. Items not permanently attached to the auto are not covered by auto insurance. They are covered under home owner's or renter's insurance.

Sadly, I have intimate and repeated experience with this issue.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
My truck got broken into a few years ago and my auto insurance wouldnt cover them but my home owners did and it didnt even happen at the house, i was parked on a public street at work. And it was tools that got taken not clubs

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
On the same token, I can't believe you guys are permitted to hold guns and rifles in your houses. No wonder so much mad sh1t goes on in the world today....!
:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yall's car insurances suck...no offence...i asked my insurance agent straight up when i bought the policy if my vehicle insurance would cover my clubs in the event that they were stolen, he said anything in the vehicle gets stolen, as long as the car is locked its covered completely. Its also completely covered if we are in an accident and the clubs are ruined. I asked this mainly because when i was moving from my parents house to my house i had OVER $10k worth of GUNS and golf clubs in my trunk.

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yall's car insurances suck...no offence...i asked my insurance agent straight up when i bought the policy if my vehicle insurance would cover my clubs in the event that they were stolen, he said anything in the vehicle gets stolen, as long as the car is locked its covered completely. Its also completely covered if we are in an accident and the clubs are ruined. I asked this mainly because when i was moving from my parents house to my house i had OVER $10k worth of GUNS and golf clubs in my trunk.

Although, if you regularly carry a lot of expensive stuff in your car you should let them know. It is common for cars to get stolen and people try to claim there was all kinds of stuff in the car so the insurance company disputes it. I know this because I was travelling by car a lot for a while and regularly had thousands worth of clubs, fishing equipment and a shotgun for shooting clays in the back. A friend of mine who is an insurance agent saw it all and asked me about it then told me to call my company. I did, they upped my rates by $35 a year but I know all my stuff is always covered.

DH

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, i dont have to worry about it(unless i move again) as i only take the weapons i need with me now, it was just when i was moving that they were in the vehicle all at the same time. I have a side on my homeowners insurance for the guns so they will be covered by that if they are stolen/damaged/etc no matter where they are in the world.

ginsu

can slice anything
Jan 19, 2006
On the same token, I can't believe you guys are permitted to hold guns and rifles in your houses. No wonder so much mad sh1t goes on in the world today....!

You have no idea; hell, the town i grew up in (Kennesaw, GA) has an ordinance on the books that every homeowner MUST own a handgun/keep it in the house. It's supposedly a crime deterrent....Yeeeaaahhhh, sure...

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
It's supposedly a crime deterrent....Yeeeaaahhhh, sure...

You think its not? I personally believe some of the smarter criminals would think twice or even thrice about breaking into a house if there is a good chance they'll be looking at the business end of a twelve gauge.

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
dude that sucks about those clubs. I don't know what I would do if they got stolen. I guess call up the taylormade rep.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

This is a joke right? Everyone has the right to own and carry a gun. Aside from losing that right as a felon of course.

I think MORE people should own guns, and more should carry with a license.

Damn right I say.. Strike fear into more people these days to think twice about acting disgusting towards fellow people.

As far as the topic.. Sorry about the clubs... Did they break INTO your truck, or did you leave them in the bed of the truck?

If you left them in the bed, then honestly, your a moron.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You think its not? I personally believe some of the smarter criminals would think twice or even thrice about breaking into a house if there is a good chance they'll be looking at the business end of a twelve gauge.

Its the dumb criminals that scare me......

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
This is a joke right? Everyone has the right to own and carry a gun. Aside from losing that right as a felon of course.

I think MORE people should own guns, and more should carry with a license.

Damn right I say.. Strike fear into more people these days to think twice about acting disgusting towards fellow people.

As far as the topic.. Sorry about the clubs... Did they break INTO your truck, or did you leave them in the bed of the truck?

If you left them in the bed, then honestly, your a moron.

I'd say that, but after hearing about people complaining that the police shot a man waiving a gun at them after repeated instructions to drop the weapon, and you know what their argument was? "he has a right to do that. he can do whatever he wants. they don't have a right to shoot him" I think I'd rather have a test applied to this as well.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
You have no idea; hell, the town i grew up in (Kennesaw, GA) has an ordinance on the books that every homeowner MUST own a handgun/keep it in the house. It's supposedly a crime deterrent....Yeeeaaahhhh, sure...

It's still a "law".. Although not one thats kept to the books.

I live pretty close to Kennesaw, and went to school out there.

Owning guns does deter crime. The news channels have made a good example of reporting the "shootings" that have taken place due to homeowners blasting intruders.

If that doesn't deter crime.. we're doomed.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'd say that, but after hearing about people complaining that the police shot a man waiving a gun at them after repeated instructions to drop the weapon, and you know what their argument was? "he has a right to do that. he can do whatever he wants. they don't have a right to shoot him" I think I'd rather have a test applied to this as well.

You don't have the right to wave a gun at a police officer unless you mean harm.

Plain and simple. You deserve to be shot, if your too stupid to put the gun down when told so.

Can't really compare that story to the "right" to own.

I'm happy to live in a state that supports the Shoot First, Ask Second law.

Staff online

Members online