• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clubs

Billy

Jun 26, 2012
Hey every one I'm new to the sport been off and on for awhile but this season git into it pretty good. I bought a nice starter set from mc sports called golden bear by Jack nicklaus. It's an ok set but the driver is not working for me its to flexible with my swing I keep slice them and can't git straight. I'm pretty sure its the driver because I used a guys Taylor made r7 and hit it dead straight down the fairway. Now I am the type when I start something I want to have the best lol so I guess it makes me look what um doing or look good doing it. I want to by my next set or maybe just a driver. I have always been a Taylor made fan. Are they a good club to go with and also how is the Nike club line. All opinions and comments are wanted please. I seem to do good with irons after an older gentleman explained that I don't want to have a death grip on irons like i do drivers what do you think of what he said. Looking for all the little tips. Thanks have a great day, billy

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
. I seem to do good with irons after an older gentleman explained that I don't want to have a death grip on irons like i do drivers what do you think of what he said.

You don't want a death grip with any club. The tighter you squeeze the grip, the slower your swing will be. A lot of MLB pitchers will squeeze a baseball tighter to throw a change-up. They'll try to throw it just as hard as a fastball but because they are squeezing the ball tighter, it flies slower. They do this instead of just throwing slower to deceive the batter.

The only exception would be when hitting out of deep rough, then you just want a firm grip to keep the club from twisting...not a white knuckle death grip.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I played the TM R7 irons for years and loved them. You can probably get a used set for pretty cheap on the interwebs somewhere.

🔥 Latest posts