• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CN Open

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
Ochoa leads, Sorenstam one back in Canada - 08/14/2008
By Associated Press
OTTAWA, Canada – Defending champion Lorena Ochoa shot a bogey-free 6-under 66 to take a one-stroke lead over Annika Sorenstam in the Canadian Women’s Open, leaving Michelle Wie nine strokes back Thursday in her final LPGA event of the year.

And of course we can't watch any of it! Hopefully both play well today and we get to see Annika and Lorena paired together this weekend. (on Sat and Sun night 9-11:30!):(

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
In all fairness, the men's Canadian Open had lame coverage too in the U.S. on Th/F if I recall correctly. (But Maybe I am thinking about an earlier LPGA event in Canada?) I think there may be some sort of "broadcast rights" issue between the Canadian cable company (RSN?) and U.S. broadcasters.

SO good to see (well, not exactly "seeing" :mad: ) Lorena playing well again. Annika hasn't kept up today though. I would also like to see a final pairing of Annika and Lorena.

I'm just glad Michelle Wie (75-70) is making the cut. I swear, that girl can't win for losing. So much talent and such a BEAUTIFUL swing. (The follow through position on her driver makes me think naughty golf thoughts.) Her brain must just be scrambled after everything she's gone through.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I have no clue about the broadcast rights or anything like that, but I know that here we get coverage from 3 to 6 in the afternoon. (not trying to rub it in or anyhting)

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Okay, finally got some coverage here today. Judy Rankin was fine, but other than that . . .

worst.coverage.ever.

WTF is up Canada? There is High-Definition. There is Standard Definition. And then there is whatever this was. Worst video quality and camera work I have ever seen in a professional golf tournament. Out of focus, shaky, random scenes, contrast off, brightness out of whack . . . Sometimes the pictures were like that PhotoShop filter that turns a photo into a blurry watercolor. Someone's face right smack in the middle of the screen and all you can see is: hat blob, face blob, torso blob.

And what the hell was up with the first half-hour of the broadcast?!?!? No golf! Interviews, chit chat, commercials, but no golf for 30 minutes?!?!?

EDIT: Oh, and the audio sucked as well. There was "buzzing" almost every time the announcers changed their tone or volume - like it was coming through over a CB radio.

And it just occurred to me what this broadcast resembled - low bandwidth streaming internet video.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Neither Annika nor Lorena had their game. I think Annika is done, but I hope Lorena can turn it around. It would be a shame if such a nice lady was just a "flash in the pan" (what the hell does that mean anyway?).

Michelle Wie finished T12 with 3 of her 4 rounds under par and ahead of Annika, Julie Inkster, Morgan Pressel, Natalie Gulbis, Cristie Kerr. But she's still going to have to go to Q-School if she wants to be an LPGA member next year.

🔥 Latest posts