• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra Baffler DWS

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'm toying with the idea of picking up a Baffler DWS with the Nippon steel shaft. I want to fill the gap between my 5 wood (19°) and 4 iron. I've heard that the 20° "3 iron" baffler plays longer than a traditional 3 iron. I'm after two bits of advice here:
1) Any experience out there with the Baffler DWS? - comparisons to the Nickent 3DX
2) If the 23° "4 iron" replacement plays longer would I be better off with it instead of the 20° to fill the 5 wood - 4 iron gap?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I could be mistaken, but I think I've read here that the baffler has a lot of bulge in the face (smaller bulge radius so the gear effect corrects slice/hook) - more like a wood than an iron
and the Nickent is just the opposite - more of an iron than a wood (but I don't own either, so others will need to confirm or set me straight)

if trying to fill the gap between a 19* wood and a 24* iron, I'd probably look for something in the 22* range if you're thinking wood style hybrid, and probably 21* range if you're leaning towards an iron style hybrid
- of course, with manufacturers' tolerances - you probably have to try the individual clubs anyway....

how big is the distance gap anyway?

🔥 Latest posts