• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra Bio Cell

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
Don't really know where to start. I've never done one of these. Ummmm. First off the looks of the bio cell are sweet. You can actually see the "cells" on the top. I got the black but should've gone with the blue or orange. It has different angle settings. You have 9-12 degree loft as well as 9.5-11.5 degree draw. It comes with a very nice Project X shaft. I was having a problem lately with slicing with my Taylor made burner and this driver has straightened it out. I have it set to 9.5 draw and have hit a lot more fairways. It has a low sweet spot so you have to tee the ball lower but no biggy. The one drawback I would say is I'm about 10 yards shorter than my old driver. Since I am more straight I can forgive the distance issue.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Pretty much the same experience I've had. Love the forgiveness of the Bio Cell. It does like to find the fairway. I was a little disappointed in the distance, until I learned to tee it low. Once I began leaving the long tees in my bag and just using standard tees, the distance is out there with most everything else.
I got the black one also. Too old for all those "kiddie colors".

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Not as long as the R1 is (sometimes) but very forgiving and I actually can feel this club.
Played it again today. It IS as long as the R1 and I didn't miss a fairway. I LOVE this driver. :D

limpalong gave me the tricks to hitting this driver good. I tried other settings but he was right.
Use higher loft setting
Tee it lower then normal

Last edited:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm still hitting this driver down the center but had to drop the loft down to 9.5°. I'm using a high tee. I got to hitting it too high and made these changes and I'm back to bombing (?) them again (bombing meaning 250 yds). Sometimes I even get them out farther! limp burned out on his and is using a Ping now.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I'm still hitting this driver down the center but had to drop the loft down to 9.5°. I'm using a high tee. I got to hitting it too high and made these changes and I'm back to bombing (?) them again (bombing meaning 250 yds). Sometimes I even get them out farther! limp burned out on his and is using a Ping now.
I did the same thing, I had none of the distance I had last year and was down to hitting it about 240 ish, on 12.5° I cranked it down to 8.5, and now I'm back to hitting it about 275/280

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
mmmmm, maybe i should try one of these - had a Cobra many years ago and loved it, but then switched to TM. will give it a few shots when i find myself in the Pro Shop again!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Advice please. Any ideas how to sort the rattle out in my head? I was dicking about with loft options on the cobra and a little plastic spacer ring came loose. It has now made it's way into the head and is rattling around. I don't think I can get it out but could I glue it somehow?

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Advice please. Any ideas how to sort the rattle out in my head? I was dicking about with loft options on the cobra and a little plastic spacer ring came loose. It has now made it's way into the head and is rattling around. I don't think I can get it out but could I glue it somehow?

no advice from my side, my very first driver had the same problem, eventually the pro shop gave up trying to fix/unrattle it and gave me a new driver. this was after i snapped the head off the driver on the driving range and they fixed it..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I did the same thing, I had none of the distance I had last year and was down to hitting it about 240 ish, on 12.5° I cranked it down to 8.5, and now I'm back to hitting it about 275/280
How did you get it down to 8.5°? Mine only goes down to 9.0°.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
After seeing your post, tossed the BioCell back in the bag this morning. Dropped one of the fairway woods I don't hit often and bagged both drivers. Hit the Ping off #1, not wanting to look totally stupid in front of the clubhouse. Hit the BioCell on the remainder of driving holes and shot a 38. When I had two BioCells, couldn't get either one to work. Now that the "orphan" has to compete with a Ping, she steps up! Sheesh!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Pretty interesting two days, bagging two drivers. G20 is 10.5 degrees and the Bio Cell is set on 9.5D. Bio Cell might be just a tad longer and more difficult to bend either direction. G20 can be bent left or right. I'm using the G20 like a 2-wood... shorter par 4's or holes where you need to turn the ball off the tee. On straight-away holes and long par 5's... I hit the Bio Cell. I've had a couple pretty good rounds this way.

We'll see how long it lasts.

Members online

No members online now.