• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra Bio Cell

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I can't seem to get the hang of this bio cell lol.
It could possibly be the fat grip. As you lot said, it's just a foreign size in my hands than the normal.
The short shaft I thought would be good like my Ping but it's an inch shorter than that so its playing about 42.5". That might be a bit too short for me.
Only hit one draw today with it. And only 2 FIR. Can't seem to get along with it. Will persist for a few more rounds, but I can't see it getting any better.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
Warbird lover and limp both said the sweet spot is lower on the face on that one. They said for best results tee it up lower than normal and let it rip.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I can't seem to get the hang of this bio cell lol.
It could possibly be the fat grip. As you lot said, it's just a foreign size in my hands than the normal.
The short shaft I thought would be good like my Ping but it's an inch shorter than that so its playing about 42.5". That might be a bit too short for me.
Only hit one draw today with it. And only 2 FIR. Can't seem to get along with it. Will persist for a few more rounds, but I can't see it getting any better.
Tee the ball low. Start with the loft settings higher than you would expect. I believe there is an 11.5/Draw setting. Try it way up there. Then, if you can get it working gradually bring it down. WBL hit the snot out of his at 11.5 or 12 degrees of loft. He's finally brought it down a little, but I'd like to see you try it with a high loft setting before giving up on it.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ahh ok. Mines set 9.5. I'll jack it up and then start again.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
This year I was hitting it too high at 11.5° draw and also 10.5° draw so went down to 9.0° but that gave me an occasional minor slice so put it on 9.5° draw and it's been really working well. I demoed a new AeroBurner 9.5° but it didn't even come close to the Bio Cell. I don't like that short length either. It likes the factory length 6.0 Project X shaft.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Haven't adjusted the Bio Cell and done 2 rounds with it this week. Damn thing is much better now that I've got used to it. Hitting it much straighter than the Rapture. Mishits still going long enough and definitely not as much side spin on the ball.
It's actually quite reassuring having quite a reliable (mostly) shot off the tee now.
Now is there a reliable bio cell putter? My putting has gone to the dogs.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played my new Alpha 815 and it is long and straight. I still haven't beat my longest drive this year though (with the Bio Cell). I know I'm averaging longer drives with the 815 though. Maybe because it seems more forgiving.

Members online

No members online now.