• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra Carbon CB's? Does Cabon = sofer feel?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Anybody now for sure if these are forged or not???

I've lined up a swap deal for a set and quite a few auctions I've seen on Ebay say 'Cobra Carbon CB Forged irons' but when I go to Cobra's website they don't have last years model's listed? I was keen to see the specs and confirm if they are forged or just cast from softer Carbon metal???

If these aren't forged then I might turn my attention back to some Titty 695cb's or 755's.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Anybody now for sure if these are forged or not???

I've lined up a swap deal for a set and quite a few auctions I've seen on Ebay say 'Cobra Carbon CB Forged irons' but when I go to Cobra's website they don't have last years model's listed? I was keen to see the specs and confirm if they are forged or just cast from softer Carbon metal???
You can bet money that Cobra would have the word "FORGED" plastered all over their ads, press releases, etc., if the Carbons were indeed forged heads. They must be cast. But that's not neccesarily a bad thing, is it?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The fitter who did my irons said their CMM is utter tripe, he can bend it with his nob and they crease to fvck even if you just look at them funny.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I want something with soft feel and TLT able!!! (after I have a try of Dave's).

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Titleist 690s soft and clicky
Hogans soft and buttery
Mizunos, in the middle

Thats my take on it. Why don't you have those irons I won for a tenner, and mess about with them? You can get the lies done using my TLT series, just for a mess about

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Titleist 690s soft and clicky
Hogans soft and buttery
Mizunos, in the middle

Thats my take on it. Why don't you have those irons I won for a tenner, and mess about with them? You can get the lies done using my TLT series, just for a mess about

DEAL, I'll give it a shot. Always wanted some nice Hogan's.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I always thought that carbon made the steel harder. Where is WBL when you need him?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I always thought that carbon made the steel harder. Where is WBL when you need him?

Never mind that now, I'm having Dave's old £10 Hogans!!! More importantly, How do you like the TT Black Gold shafts you have in your irons? And what type of ball flight do you get compared to S300's or Project X Flighted?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Never mind that now, I'm having Dave's old Hogans!!! More importantly, How do you like the TT Black Gold shafts you have in your irons? And what type of ball flight do you get compared to S300's or Project X Flighted?

Right, glad to see you over that mess. The Black Golds are beautiful. They have a great feel when you swing them, and are great if you like a little dampening from a steel shaft. I've had Pro X's, and the Black Gold are on the other end feel wise. The butt section is very stiff, but the tip is on the softer side.

My KZG's are not high launch at all, but the BG stiff give me a nice high, flat ballflight. If the clubheads are high launch already, you may think about a stiffer set. My SS is 104-115 with driver, and I use stiffs, but I hit it high with them.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
My KZG's are not high launch at all, but the BG stiff give me a nice high, flat ballflight. If the clubheads are high launch already, you may think about a stiffer set. My SS is 104-115 with driver, and I use stiffs, but I hit it high with them.

Which KZG's do you have? I just looked on ebay for some and they look like sweet irons. I might have to use the Cally X Forged money for a set of KZG Forged II's, III's or Evolutions!!! I've NEVER seen anybody with a set of those beuties over here before so would be right up my street. :)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Which KZG's do you have? I just looked on ebay for some and they look like sweet irons. I might have to use the Cally X Forged money for a set of KZG Forged II's, III's or Evolutions!!! I've NEVER seen anybody with a set of those beuties over here before so would be right up my street. :)

I have these:

KZG - The #1 Custom ProLine

They are perfect. Coming from the CG4 tour, I wanted a thinner sole and topline, and a more player look in a forged iron, and not lose much forgiveness. That's exactly what I got with these. I've had Evolutions, too, but the look isn't quite there like these.

Best part is I got them on the Bay for $140 with the Pro X's, than sold the shafts for $100. So I got the heads for $40. Highly recommend them, and usually you can get them cheap used.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have these:

KZG - The #1 Custom ProLine

They are perfect. Coming from the CG4 tour, I wanted a thinner sole and topline, and a more player look in a forged iron, and not lose much forgiveness. That's exactly what I got with these. I've had Evolutions, too, but the look isn't quite there like these.

Best part is I got them on the Bay for $140 with the Pro X's, than sold the shafts for $100. So I got the heads for $40. Highly recommend them, and usually you can get them cheap used.

I got my eyes on these KZG Forged II, 3-pw, Dynamic Gold Lite S300 on eBay, also, Clubs, Golf, Sporting Goods (end time 10-Mar-08 01:00:00 GMT) I've asked for some pictures of the faces but these look like some nice clean, simple CB's just what I want. If the TLT test with Dave's £10 Hogans works out then I'll do it with these if not then I'll get a set of BlackGold's or PX's for them.

Problem is that there isn't a big choice for me as a lot of US based Sellers won't post to the UK. I searched for KZG irons and only got 9 listings!!!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Are you interested in Forged II's? Here is a set, price isn't great, but I'd love the 2 iron. I'd give you 50 for the deuce.

KZG FORGED II CAVITY BACK IRONS 2-PW,AW RIFLE 5.5 - eBay (item 330217723181 end time Mar-13-08 16:42:02 PDT)

If you want any of them, LMK and I'll ship them to you. I saw that listing you pointed to, looks like a great deal. I'm always inputting KZG into the search engine at Ebay. I'd really like a forged 2 two iron. Anyway, if you got those new, they'd be probably 800 dollars. Just no resale value.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Are you interested in Forged II's? Here is a set, price isn't great, but I'd love the 2 iron. I'd give you 50 for the deuce.

KZG FORGED II CAVITY BACK IRONS 2-PW,AW RIFLE 5.5 - eBay (item 330217723181 end time Mar-13-08 16:42:02 PDT)

If you want any of them, LMK and I'll ship them to you. I saw that listing you pointed to, looks like a great deal. I'm always inputting KZG into the search engine at Ebay. I'd really like a forged 2 two iron. Anyway, if you got those new, they'd be probably 800 dollars. Just no resale value.

I've emailed him asking if he'll ship to the UK & sent you a PM.

EDIT;- On a side note what the hell are those grips all about? Does anybody still use things like those, they are horrable?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Paul

I haven't even picked 'em up yet! If they are mintahs and a real steal, I will have 'em back at some point. If not, you have 'em to mess with.

I will PM you his addy

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.