• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra driver question....

Tee 1 Up

Jul 24, 2007
I have a Cobra F Speed driver that I am really happy with but like all of us I am looking for that extra couple yards where ever I can find it. I have had this driver shortened and weighted etc and don't want to reshaft it and then find I am not happy so I was going to buy a used f speed off ebay and put in a Grafalloy red shaft in it that way I could go back to mine if I wanted to. But I have found that I can get a x speed for cheaper than a f speed. Is there any difference in the heads as far as the angle of the face being closed?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I thought the face was slightly more closed on the F speed than the X speed, but could be mistaken.

bwalker19

CPGA Professional
Feb 18, 2008
X-speed is actually square, F speed is at least 2 degrees closed, they also have a very different head shape. F speed is deeper to get weight farther back and lower to promote forgiveness and to get the ball airborne, X speed is narrower to promote workability.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.