• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra drivers.....which one?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
A guy at the range let me hit his Cobra driver. While the ball flight wasn't exactly what I am looking for, it seemed super easy to hit.

His driver: M Speed LD Offset 10.5° with the 55gm Aldila NVS shaft in stiff.

I was getting way too much draw, probably due to the offset, but the ball flight was high and went a good 10 yards more in the air than my 905R.

Soooo........should I get the exact same driver as his, but without the offset, like this one?
King Cobra Speed LD M 10.5* Driver Aldila NVS Stiff NEW - eBay (item 350046002832 end time Apr-14-08 22:27:20 PDT)

Not too many of those on Ebay, many more F speeds, but most of them have the NV in regular flex.
King Cobra F Speed 10.5 Driver Aldila NV-F Regular Flex - eBay (item 110241002786 end time Apr-13-08 16:35:00 PDT)

I'm hitting all of my clubs well right now, with the exception of the driver. I'm hitting my 3 wood just about as far as the driver, and I need more yardage.

I actually prefer the L4v over the LD series, the LD were just to damn loud, I felt the L4v was very easy to hit and not as loud, its just a matter of price.

Bye the way how do you like your 905R? I can hit some nice bombs with it but was looking around to see if I can get some more forgiveness.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I actually prefer the L4v over the LD series, the LD were just to damn loud, I felt the L4v was very easy to hit and not as loud, its just a matter of price.

Bye the way how do you like your 905R? I can hit some nice bombs with it but was looking around to see if I can get some more forgiveness.

I like everthing about my 905R except the fact that I can't hit it long and straight.

:)

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I like everthing about my 905R except the fact that I can't hit it long and straight.

LOL

I would seriously look into the L4V. It stands for limit 4 variables, which means that that it was the first driver to ever max out all 4 usga limits(not sure which they are though)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Typical response with the 905. That's twice today I've heard the very same thing from guys carrying the very same driver.

Coincidence? I don't think so....:D

R35

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
OK. How about this? I take my Maltby CT250FC 10.5° head and reshaft it with a 55gm NVS in stiff? There is a guy selling brand new ones on Ebay for $30 and they are pink.

Me and Bubba!!!! :D

JoeWest

Apr 10, 2008
They seem to be draw machines, I tried the X Speed and couldn't do anything BUT draw it.
I picked up the 9.5 xspeed pro s model and its the best ive ever had. I previously owned tp r7 460 and titleist 8.5 905t.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
OK. How about this? I take my Maltby CT250FC 10.5° head and reshaft it with a 55gm NVS in stiff? There is a guy selling brand new ones on Ebay for $30 and they are pink.

Me and Bubba!!!! :D

SiberianDVM

Ya know, that sounds like a PLAN!! :D

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I just ordered and paid for the NVS in pink. According to the Paypal email, these come straight from Aldila. Ebay said they have about 450 of them. :)

🔥 Latest posts