• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

COBRA L4V X-SPEED.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
SPEC;- 9 degrees of loft & fitted with stock Diamana stiff shaft.

I have played 4 rounds with this driver (already) and I have to say it is the best driver I've ever used. No more thinking of the one that got away, no more thoughts about sacrificing distance for accuracy (no need too now), no tracks or ports that catch the floor on my take away. This driver is straighter than the FTi and longer than the FT5 (or anything else I've had in the past 3 years). The stock Diamana is a nice shaft, well the one in mine is anyway. I say this as I have had 3 Cobra Speed Pro S's all with the stock yellow Speeder and they have all played completely different even though they were the exact same spec?

Performance. This stick is LOONNNGGGG and also the straightest I've ever owned. I need to peg it up very high, with the bottom of the ball level with the top of the club face. It just incourages you to go after the ball as hard as you want. Smooth tempo swings fly straight down the middle but fast aggresive (Tiger-esk) swings fly just as straight but futher down the middle. I missed 2 fairways with her, out of 13 drives toaday & Yesterday was a simlar story. The noise is not as 'Tingy' loud as a Cobra SZ440, it's more of a dull Thud 'Ting' like the FT-i although louder. Driving is FUN with this club... I did lose a couple left when I was playing for a big draw from a closed stance & turned it over (1st couple of rounds) but now I'm playing square and for a straight ball flight & it's just working a treat, high straight bombs.

I play regulary with 2 big hitters and with my FT-5 I was up with them when I middled one but I missed quite a lot of fairways. With the FT-i I hit a lot more fairways but was always 15-20 yards behind them. Now with the Cobra I'm up there with them and past them if they don't middle and I do. The big bonus is even when I don't middle, I'm still there or there abouts.

Will the L4V last a season in my bag??? I can't remember the last club that did ! ! ! ! .......but it'll be a fantastic driver that forces it's way past this & for now my driver search is over....I'm now offically not driver shopping!!!:faintthud

I'm off work all week so will be getting a lot more rounds/range sessions in & I will update this thread.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Love to hear stories like this. :) Congratulations! Now don't you dare buy another driver until you don't 3-putt for 72 consecutive holes. Work on your wedges and your putting.

That is a gorgeous stick. And it's cool to know that the stock shaft actually isn't terrible.

edit- Is this the 08 model?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Love to hear stories like this. :) Congratulations! Now don't you dare buy another driver until you don't 3-putt for 72 consecutive holes. Work on your wedges and your putting.

That is a gorgeous stick. And it's cool to know that the stock shaft actually isn't terrible.

edit- Is this the 08 model?

My putting is the best part of my game at the moment. Wedge play and approach play needs to be worked on.

Yes the L4V is a 2008 model. It's basically the new one in the 454 Comp, HS9 line. The Speed Pro drivers are also not being updated & are current 2008 models, which are running along side the L4V line. I L4VE this stick.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
MG - I see the Napa is back in the bag. Does that mean it's back from the Custom Shop?

Pictures?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
MG - I see the Napa is back in the bag. Does that mean it's back from the Custom Shop?

Pictures?

~No, I kind of like the old rusty look so I'm keeping it as it is. I'm Rolling the ball superb with it at the moment even thought the greens are rubbish. It's kind of getting scary I'm Happy with Driver, Putter, hybrid & Wedges. The 4 wood needs a reshaft and I'm after some new irons. I like the KZG's but I'm intreasted in the cobra Pro CB's & MB's. Gonna get them brand new and get properly fitted for them. I want 2 iron, 4-gw saving up hard by off loading my 'spare' stuff.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
~No, I kind of like the old rusty look so I'm keeping it as it is. I'm Rolling the ball superb with it at the moment even thought the greens are rubbish. It's kind of getting scary I'm Happy with Driver, Putter, hybrid & Wedges. The 4 wood needs a reshaft and I'm after some new irons. I like the KZG's but I'm intreasted in the cobra Pro CB's & MB's. Gonna get them brand new and get properly fitted for them. I want 2 iron, 4-gw saving up hard by off loading my 'spare' stuff.
***TITS!***

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hmmmm, have pics? Cobra is my secret love.

It's by no means a thing of beauty although it's not that bad looking. I'm off to the shop for some batteries for my Digi Camera so I can list my spare gear so will post some pics soon. The Pro S is a great looking driver I'm keeping mine as my new Shaft tester. Pics to follow soon;-

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Pics of the L4V and the Speed Pro S

My Pair of Cobra's
Picture 304.jpg

L4V's Tall Face.
Picture 309.jpg

L4V's Huge Scoops
Picture 307.jpg

Fast Back design.
Picture 306.jpg
Picture 304.jpg
Picture 309.jpg
Picture 307.jpg
Picture 306.jpg

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
More pics.....

L4V's Sole
Picture 308.jpg

Speed Pro's Shallow face
Picture 310.jpg

Pro S side on
Picture 311.jpg

Swing Weight Screw
Picture 313.jpg
Picture 308.jpg
Picture 310.jpg
Picture 311.jpg
Picture 313.jpg

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
last ones....

Speed Sole
Picture 314.jpg

These are to try to show the difference in face hieght between the L4V & Pro s. I tee the ball up high anyway, Silver Castle tees (2" I think) with the Pro S, FT-i, FT-5 etc but with the L4V I'm upto just short of 3" - Tee it high watch it fly!!!
Picture 305.jpg

Picture 312.jpg
Picture 314.jpg
Picture 305.jpg
Picture 312.jpg

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
I hit this thing (LV4) on a vector today and it's a total monster. I hit the X speed 9.0* as well and I loved it. I was swinging 108-112 and bombing it. Launch of 14.5 combined with 3800 RPM made for huge carries of 275-280. I hit a few on the simulator as well to see the ballflight and it was awesome.

I'm definitely going to be picking up this exact head to pair with my Redboard 63X.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online