• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Coco Beach Golf Club in Puerto Rico and Trump Golf

rainmaker

Apr 9, 2008
I recently played the 36 hole golf resort in Puerto Rico east of San Juan. It is a great course with long and fast rolling fairways, the best part is that it is quite forgiving if you know how to play straight and true.

I happen to stay right on site at the Gran Melia. This magnificent resort is located on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast, just a scenic, 20 minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and the greater San Juan area thanks to the recently inaugurated Route 66 highway. If you want you can also leave your family to spend the day basking in the warm rays poolside or explore beyond the resort and discover the charm of Puerto Rico. ON top of all this, JW Marriott is building there and Trump Puerto Rico International Golf Resort has just partnered up with the local developer who owns the course to build a number of new condos and estate homes.

I can tell you I am pleasantly surprised with Puerto Rico and I would highly recommended to anyone who loves Golf in the tropics. The great part about Puerto Rico is that it is the only US territory in the Caribbean and you can certainly see that once you go outside the resort. They have good highways, infrastructure and you feel safe.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
welcome to shottalk
I'm glad you had a good experience there. I stayed at that resort in March of 2006 and wasn't overly impressed. The facility was great but the service was so-so. I only played 18 holes - don't remember which course, but you're absolutely right - as long as you keep the ball in play it's possible to score well - but miss a little bit left or right and the ball is gone thanks to the jungle/rainforest lining the holes.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Nice report. Can you tell us what kind of greens fees we could expect for these courses? Thanks.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.