• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

COLD Golfing Today

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
:) I couldn't wait until Monday. I went for 9 holes today. It's 49 degrees F but there's a 22 mph wind on the course gusting to ??? I was COLD. The greens were covered with big oak leaves and Maple "helicopters" and I made some long putts even though. The new Rapture is just awesome. I crushed them. I started out bogey (par 4), par (par 4), par (par 4), par (par 3), bogey (par 5), double bogey (par 5 into the wind), bogey (par 4), bogey (par 3) and bogey (par 5). Ended up with a 44. In those conditions I'll take it. I played the wind good on a couple iron shots and put it right on the pin. Fun to watch the wind carry it over right where it's supposed to.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to get out there and brave it. I suppose the new $400 driver had you itching.
icon10.gif
Wind is something else when it's blowing hard. They other day it was up to 20-30mph at times. I hit an 8iron that went about 190 then I turned around and hit 2 drivers and a SW into a 500yd. par 5. Fortunately I play a low trajectory anyway so it affects me less into or with it.

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
Speaking of weather. I played 9 today. I had my best 9 this year. The fog was so bad I couldn't see more than 150 yards. I have played the course before. The friend I had with me had never seen it. He hit a 4 iron 2 ft from the pin on a 210 yd par 3. He said that it would have been an ace if he could have seen the hole.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I played nine today, thread on that coming soon, :D

As far as the Rapture, glad to hear it went as expected.

🔥 Latest posts