• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold Turkey on the Coffee

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've been drinking too much Joe recently so decided to cut it out for a week. So Monday morning I went Cold Turkey. I'm about a 5-6 cups a day addict.

I'm on hot water instead. Discovered that piss can be another colour than golden! Been getting sore heads though, I can only imagine this is my body withdrawing. No major benefits as yet. I'll tough it out until Monday and already looking forward to my first cup.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Substitute liquor for the coffee. Your pee color will return, headaches should go away as long as you continue to drink 5-6 a day! ;)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Coffee is something I could never acquire the taste for...same with American beer.

One cup of coffee makes me piss about 30 cups of liquid, never understood how that worked...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Coffee is one of the few vices I have left. Used to drink at least 2 cans of diet soda/day. Quit that cold turkey on July 4th. I have 2 cups of coffee every morning. That's it... 2 cups and I'm done until the next morning.

At my age, those two cups of coffee covert to approximaely 2 gallon of urine. Some years ago, I noticed my 500 mile bladder had slowly turned into a 100 mile bladder. Thought it was the coffee. Went from coffee to Diet Mt. Dew. As soon as I went to the Mt. Dew, the bladder seemed to go back to at least a 400 mile size. Was at one of my annual physicals and mentioned this to the Doc. He laughed and said, "Whatever works." I asked what he meant. He said it was the caffine that causes bladder issue, not how the caffine is delivered. Said I should be having no difference between coffee or Mt. Dew. Within days, I was back to a 100 mile bladder. So, I went back to coffee.

Every year of so, there are more reports of the positive health effects of coffee. I'll stay with my 2 cups/day.

I buy the darkest roast I can find. Love it black and strong. No "foo foo" flavored coffee and no cream/sugar in it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Cold turkey's not bad for leftovers or a sandwich, but on Thanksgiving Day I really prefer hot turkey with dressing and gravy!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Good luck!

I was getting some severe stomach pains awhile back and started tracking my consumption history...and it was a caffeine overdose:

2-3 large cups of coffee...2-3 32 oz. diet pepsi and a chocolate milk or two...I replace pepsi with water or slice...one coffee a day and now all seems fine.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Why would you go cold-turkey then just go back to drinking it? Why bother?
SUX, its a kind of self imposed detox, just trying it for a week, first few days were tough, getting headaches etc. but now feel fine. I'm looking forward to a coffee tomorrow morning but plan to cut down to 2 cups a day. I guess I was drinking to much and my body was starting to give me messages.

🔥 Latest posts