• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

College Football

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Just sitting here scratchin' my butt and thinking about College football.I wonder if any of these guys will still be standing in a couple of weeks.

Texas Tech will see Okla & Okla State the next 2 games. Their pre-season was weak and the don't get much respect because they are Texas Tech, but if they win out and then can win the Big 12 title (Missouri) they would have definitely proven they are one of the 2. It's really tough for a big 12 team to go undefeated this year.

Alabama has won against some big teams in the SEC but still has LSU. They can win it, but that game'll be a war. Then it's Auburn, there's lots of football to be played.

Penn State - very weak schedule since the Big 10 doesn't match up against the SEC and Big 12 this year. They have Mich State left, but ought to win it. I doubt if they would be under consideration if they had played Georgia, Florida, Alabama & LSU in the SEC, or Texas, Okla, Ok State, Tech in the Big 12 South.

I don't know what the bookies say, but it looks to me like we're going to have Alabama & Penn State.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
but if they win out and then can win the Big 12 title (Missouri) they would have definitely proven they are one of the 2. It's really tough for a big 12 team to go undefeated this year.
Hey now, lets not just start jumping to conclusions. There is currently a team tied with Missouri in the Big12 North, and they will play them the last game of the year. ;)

Although I would rather play K-State and Iowa St as opposed to Nebraska and Texas. But even if they lose to Texas and beat Nebraska, it would still be decided on the final game.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Missouri Has K State & Iowa State left - That means that Kansas needs a big upset for Missouri AND they will have to beat Texas & Nebraska to have a shot.

Ain't gonna happen.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Missouri Has K State & Iowa State left - That means that Kansas needs a big upset for Missouri AND they will have to beat Texas & Nebraska to have a shot.

Ain't gonna happen.
They only need to beat Missouri and one other to guarantee playing in the championship. They could beat Nebraska, which they will likely be favored, and even if they lose to Texas, assuming Missouri wins their two KU would only be 1 down. If they beat MU they would be tied and would win the tie breaker on having beat Missouri.

KU will not be a big underdog against MU, and it is also the second longest rivalry in Div 1, so being the favorite by a few points would mean very little.

Again, I think it will go down to that game no matter how you chalk it up. Really the KU vs. Texas game means nothing as far as who will play in the championship, unless of course KU were to lose to NU the prior week.

Edit 1 - BTW, I would rather be playing against NU than K-State, as K-State has a new coach starting that game. And consider that exact circumstance and one touchdown is what kept KU from playing in the title game last year, making this rivalry all the more bitter.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You guys have it all wrong...

Texas Tech (2) loses in Oklahoma (6)
Penn State (3) loses in a SEMI-shocker to Michigan State (18)
Florida (4) wins out
Alabama (1) wins out

All-SEC championship game.

Florida is the best team in the country right now, and wins again. Go Gators!!

And there you have it...:laugh:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You guys have it all wrong...

Texas Tech (2) loses in Oklahoma (6)
Penn State (3) loses in a SEMI-shocker to Michigan State (18)
Florida (4) wins out
Alabama (1) wins out

Be careful what you wish for. In that scenario and if OU wins out, I think they would most certainly leapfrog Florida in the BCS regardless of record, as that would also mean beating OSU or two top ten teams in a row and only having lost to the team that was ranked #1 at the time.

Besides, you know how screwed up the BCS is, it would only seem fitting to have a controversy like that. ;)

You better pray OU plays KU if that happens, because we know what happens when OU plays MU, and they would have beat likely 3 top ten teams in a row in that scenario. :laugh:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am pretty much counting on the BCS formula screwing it up again. One of these years they will screw it up bad enough that we will eventually see a playoff system. Until they do come up with the playoff system, I will stick to watching the NFL.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Florida (4) wins out
Alabama (1) wins out

While I am a huge SEC fan that could never happen. Florida or Bama have to lose in the SEC champ. if they make it there. So you would have either a 2 loss Fl. team or a one loss Bama. If Fl wins and bama has a loss that late in the season they won't make the NC.

I'm actually hoping by some miracle that both BAMA and FL lose or all of their players get sick in atlanta and can't play. Then urban (douche) meyer gets nancy kerrigan'd outside of the church that tim tebow is performing circumcisions at. Then when crying that his coach is hurt Michael Jackson finds Tebow on the street and kidnaps him, takes him to never land and we never hear from him again.

WOW!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The Big Ten only appears weak because they have so many good teams. Penn State can play with anyone except maybe Texas, TT or Okahoma. The SEC is the power conference though. Alabama will lose before the end of the year and so will TT. I'm so happy that Florida, Florida State and Miami are down the tubes this year. Wisconsin really has sucked this year. And if they don't do a better job of recruiting they will next year also. But watch Johnny Clay. He'll be a force. He reminds me of OJ (the football player, not the convict). :D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
While I am a huge SEC fan that could never happen. Florida or Bama have to lose in the SEC champ. if they make it there. So you would have either a 2 loss Fl. team or a one loss Bama. If Fl wins and bama has a loss that late in the season they won't make the NC.

I'm actually hoping by some miracle that both BAMA and FL lose or all of their players get sick in atlanta and can't play. Then urban (douche) meyer gets nancy kerrigan'd outside of the church that tim tebow is performing circumcisions at. Then when crying that his coach is hurt Michael Jackson finds Tebow on the street and kidnaps him, takes him to never land and we never hear from him again.

WOW!

Lol, got a little carried away with the meds again I see JA, :biglol:

Glad to see I'm not the only one on here that hates the gators though.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Forgot about that...:faintthud

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Florida and USC are both VERY over-rated. Penn State hasn't played anyone, so they don't deserve it, even if they go un-defeated. National title should be between Big12 and SEC Champs.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I wouldn't have said this last year, but if there is not a Big12 team in the Championship game, there is something really F'ed up how they came about with their decision. BCS or not.

You figure conceivably there could be two Big 12 teams playing for the National Championship, and that would never happen. They only allow 2 in BCS games, which bit them last year and will most certainly be the same this year. Not to say that I think either KU or even MU will be deserving, but there are 4 teams in the South that will certainly have an argument.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.