• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comedians

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Who are the best comedians over there atm?

I've started looking into more lesser known comedians over here and I'm finding some very funny people who are very cheap to go and watch, so I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of any particularly good US performers to view online as I need all the cheering up I can get with my job.

Canadian comedians I've only recently been made aware of is Stewart Francis who is very funny, it's just a shame that his material is very limited, also Tom Stade is excellent. Rich Hall and Reginald D Hunter are US ones I like but I'm sure there are many more.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Just my humble opinion but Ross Noble and Danny Bhoy are the funniest bastards on the face of the planet. You need look no further than the UK.

But back to your question, I'm not aware of any up and comers but I'd be interested to see the list that gets brought up here.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Doug Stanhope was brought to my attention by an English comedian named Gary Delaney who said he is possibly the most evil comedian out there ............. but very funny

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
He is one twisted dude, but is about as real as they come.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I don't think my neck is anywhere near red enough for that last chap. ;-)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Coincidently, the banner that was up while I was reading this thread was advertising that Lewis Black will be in my area mid November.

I'm not all that up on who is the "hot" comic right now but I do like LB's work.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't think my neck is anywhere near red enough for that last chap. ;-)
First time i heard Rodney i damn near pissed my pants...

There is a big fat guy always wears a jacket on stage and sweats a lot, i cannot for the life of me remember his name, but he was pretty good.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Personally, I usually go for the cleaner angle usually.

Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan

For a little more color:

Ron White
Pablo Francisco (The movie sketch)
Craig Shoemaker (Love master is hilarious)

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I went and saw Jim Gaffigan over Labor Day weekend. Just flat-out funny as hell. I love all of his stuff that I have seen. His bits are clean, for the most part, so my kids can watch/listen to him too.

"My parents never took me camping......Because they loved me." :laugh:

On the flip side of that is Lisa Lampinelli. I saw her live last year and needed my inhaler half-way through. A modern-day version of Dice Clay with her totally Un-PC act.

Louis C.K. I like also. And Dane Cook.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.