• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comfortable shoes

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
While my Ecco's are a little superior in comfort and quality to the Footjoy Dryjoys, I just can't justify them being "twice as nice". Which in relation to the fact that I aways get the $134 Dry joys on clearance each year for $79-$89, and the Ecco are rarely on clearance and at $160. I would also mention the Ecco's run a little narrow because of the stitching, while were I wear a Medium my feet are a little wider than that and take a little to even break in the footjoys. I couldn't even get the Hydromax version of the Ecco's on my feet, and the others took a few rounds to break in.

Something else I noticed strange with the ecco's, the laces gave way after just a few rounds. Kinda strange.

I guess if I could get the Ecco's for just $25 more as the retail prices would suggest, I would prefer them. However taking into consideration the Dryjoys or Dryjoy Pros are basically buy one get on free in relation to Ecco's, I just can't buy them.

My wife on the other hand, who I might add is not real big on shopping for either shoes or even clothes for that matter, now has 5 pairs of of Eccos. She even gave away perfectly good Footjoys in order to make room for them. At this point they are the only golf shoe she will ever buy.

jojosasser

May 14, 2007
I know a lot of people won't like them, but I wear a pair of Nike Shox. I've got the black and NC blue pair, as I'm a Tarheels fan. But I do have to say that I much prefer how they look with shorts over pants. They're one of the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've had, though.

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
I have..

worn Footjoys since I can remember and every year they get more comfortable. I'm not sure if they are the most comfortable for the price, but they do the job for me. This last year the Nike Shox golf shoe caught my attention for a walking shoe that is very comfortable.

These are when I get dressed up:
FJ.jpg

And these are for walking or just messing around at the course:
Shox.jpg

I also would like to pick up the Footjoy Dryjoys with the lime green accent on them for a little change.

I have a buddy who picked up some Ecco golf shoes this year and he says they are very comfortable so I might have to try em.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I have a pair of Nikes which are not actually that comfortable and a pair of callaways that I use all they time, they arent all that either, I just bought a pair of Dry joys and have yet to try them on the course. Im more into the classic looking dress shoe but i hate these crazy prices they go for, i only bought the dryjoys becuase they were on sale but wouldnt pay much more for a pair of golf shoes.

moz-screenshot.jpg

shoe.jpg

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
the friday after thanksgiving sale is called "Black Friday"

not to promote other sites, but there is a forum called fatwallet.com that has many great deals throughout the year as well as the leaked black friday deals for months in advance of BF.

there were many articles about fatwallet in msn's money section on their website, and id go as far to say that millions of people post on fatwallet regularly.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
the friday after thanksgiving sale is called "Black Friday"

not to promote other sites, but there is a forum called fatwallet.com that has many great deals throughout the year as well as the leaked black friday deals for months in advance of BF.

there were many articles about fatwallet in msn's money section on their website, and id go as far to say that millions of people post on fatwallet regularly.

Slickdeals.net FTW

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
FWIW, right now Golfsmith has 20% off their "Outlet shoes", which is basically their clearance models from what I can tell. Just click the add on the front page, or use the code. Not sure if these prices even beat the Global Golf's shoe site or not. Probably depends on the type.

They do have Eccos Crossfires for around $90, but as is usually the case, the only 13's they have are in white, where I buy black shoes.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have a pair of Nike SP-8's I believe, I think they are very comfortable & have walked many courses with them.

Sssmokin might need a new pair this year but only if he can find some with velcro.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I look at them both but for some reason spend more time on SD.

🔥 Latest posts