• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Compare a Speeder 757 to Diamana BlueBoard?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Got my new I-Mix and as expected the V2 is a little light for my liking. I have a Blueboard 83 X-Flex in my cobra which i really like but the only X-Flex I-Mix shaft I can find is a Speeder 757. The weight and kick points are simlar but how do they compare has anybody hit both? I've only hit a S flex Speeder 686 in the Ft-i Tour and that felt quite light and wippy.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yep. Speeder is lower launching with higher bendpoint, stiffer tip and overall stiffer feel. BB is a wimp in comparison.

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
The 757 is a great shaft , one of my favorites. it should play quite a bit heavier and stiffer to flex than the 686. The only i-mix diamana offered in the 83x is the whiteboard.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
A little lower flight would actually not be a bad thing, as for the stiffness I like the feel of the BB83X but I imagine the Speeder X will play a lot stiffer, so maybe a Stiff 757 would play nearer my BB, flex wise?

Is the Whiteboard's Spec nearer the 757 then? Lower launch stiffer feel? Do they do a 83-S? I can't find the full listing of available shafts for the I-Mix on Cally's website? Gonna go for a look again now.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
The speeder and BB are polar opposites in feel. Chances are, being a good golfer with a strong swing, you may like the cherrished WB in the diamana line. It feels more like a speeder or a v2 but livelier in terms of kick. It really is a great shaft. My WB is currently in my cobra pro speed S, put that together and you have a MONSTER!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The speeder and BB are polar opposites in feel. Chances are, being a good golfer with a strong swing, you may like the cherrished WB in the diamana line. It feels more like a speeder or a v2 but livelier in terms of kick. It really is a great shaft. My WB is currently in my cobra pro speed S, put that together and you have a MONSTER!

Good explanation. I was trying to find the words to explain the diff. between the WB and 757. Spec wise they are "supposed" to do pretty much the same thing. I like the Speeder better myself for the lack of "liveliness". I provide plenty of that with my jerky swing. All I ask is the head be where it's supposed to be when I get to the ball, the 757 does that for me more than any other shaft in a driver I've had. Launch? I can go low or high depending on my ball position and shoulder/hip angle at setup, providing I get back there at impact. 757 is a great shaft to both rip off a big swing or try to move the ball around. Extremly stable.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
As i posted in your other thread, there would be a way to pull the adapter from the V2 and put it onto any other shaft of your hearts desire(meaning that if you pulled the Blueboard from the cobra, you could put it in the imix.)

Take a look here for step by step details- ~Pulling a Callaway I-mix Shaft Tip~ - GolfWRX.com

Thanks for this but I feel with my lack of the real tools to do the job I wouldn't risk trying this yet. When there are a lot of 2nd hand I-Mix shafts about I will pick up a cheap one and have a go but at the moment I'd get £75-90 for the V2 and the Speeder is only £120 so I'll pay the difference for now but thanks for the link it WILL come in handy.

🔥 Latest posts