• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comparison......

HawkApp

Sep 27, 2010
Is it just me, or is the Official World Golf Ranking to Professional Golf as the BCS System is to College Football? Both of these systems are messing up their sports.

OSGT-gAme

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hawk, not all of us on here are from the US. Can you explain the BCS System?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Is it just me, or is the Official World Golf Ranking to Professional Golf as the BCS System is to College Football? Both of these systems are messing up their sports.

OSGT-gAme

I don't see how the WGR has "messed up" pro golf. Certainly, the WGR has given rise to thousands of threads on numerous golf forums. The WGR does not effect revenue, other than perhaps some endorsement that may be predicated by that ranking system. There are a couple of events that include those ranked. However, the players at or near the top of the WGR would play in most any event whose goal was to include the top players in the world.

The BCS is another issue. The BCS does have a direct relation to income generated by the BCS bowl appearances. Some awfully good teams are not allowed to play for some pretty large purses, due to not being part of a BCS conference. If some of those teams continue to perform at a level where they consistently make the AP and Coaches Polls, the BCS may have to take another look. Some of the recent 'upset the fruit basket' we've seen with conferences like the Big 12 may also require modifications to the BCS.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online