• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Competitive golf is fantastic, until...

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
... you play 1 under par through 8 holes of a 9 hole match, then triple bogey the final hole due to a bad shot combined with the stupidity of course design that places a driving range on the side of one of the course's holes that allows ALL sliced balls off the range into the fairway (making any shot down the right side of the hole nearly impossible to find) and all sliced balls of the tee of the hole into the driving range (marked OB).

I did the latter, even after pulling 3 wood to preserve a score that would have SMASHED the 41 other players in attendance, then put a 3 wood short down the middle of the fairway into an awkward lie, then dribbled a 5 iron into a greenside bunker.

The speed at which 35 turns to 38 is painfully fast, my friends.

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
co-sign...golf will break your heart every time.

Considering it was a 9 hole match, I'm guessing it was a Tuesday night mens league, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Go get em next week.

Nah, high school golf match. We have mostly 9 hole matches, with a conference tourney at the end of the season.

Found out today that my 38 was good for the outright low score of the 42 guys there. First time I've had that honor in my 2.5 high school seasons.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Nah, high school golf match. We have mostly 9 hole matches, with a conference tourney at the end of the season.

Found out today that my 38 was good for the outright low score of the 42 guys there. First time I've had that honor in my 2.5 high school seasons.

Well done!

🔥 Latest posts