• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Complete rip off

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I am having a hard time believing that your disagreeing with the guy who RUNS the course, Jim :D
I'd say he KNOWS how his course finances are going...know what I mean?
I will +1 this based on the one experience I have. I grew up on a muni, and even worked there as a kid. The pro was paid handsomely by the city, but he had to cover a lot of costs of running the course. One example is that he paid me out of his salary. So based on my experience, I'd hope the pro knows where every dime comes from and goes to.

And William, this is a good discussion (on a discussion board) that evolved from a vent. Of course people are going to disagree with you and you'll disagree with them... it's not personal, it's human nature. So try not to let your skin grow thin, and keep on posting. :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I will +1 this based on the one experience I have. I grew up on a muni, and even worked there as a kid. The pro was paid handsomely by the city, but he had to cover a lot of costs of running the course. One example is that he paid me out of his salary. So based on my experience, I'd hope the pro knows where every dime comes from and goes to.

And William, this is a good discussion (on a discussion board) that evolved from a vent. Of course people are going to disagree with you and you'll disagree with them... it's not personal, it's human nature. So try not to let your skin grow thin, and keep on posting. :)
Good story! In my experience those pros are the exception not the rule. I say that not to disagree but so everybody knows where I am coming from.

I also agree with the rest of your post! :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A fish always stinks from the head down. If some bad decisions / attitudes are being encountered it usually starts from poor management.

My club poached a really good general manager about 12 months ago. He had kicked a lot of goals at his predecessor club and since he's been at my club some really good things are happening. Too many to list here.

Rather than the smell of death, it has the smell of life about it and it's a good place to be.

Members online

No members online now.