• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Complete rip off

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I just feel like arguing...

But seriously...this is an odd thing to be pissed off about. It sucks...but what are you going to do? Sue them?
lol, that's why I got sucked in last night! I was in an argumentative mood!

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
I just feel like arguing...

But seriously...this is an odd thing to be pissed off about. It sucks...but what are you going to do? Sue them?
No, Im probably just going to stop playing entirely except for once or twice a month once the current membership expires.

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
I think Will is more pissed about the principle of it all.
Well, at least someone here gets the point.
I guess unless some people are directly affected by something themselves they are incapable of comprehending what someone elses point is.

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
The reasons why they're changing the rules for their golf course is irrelevant. It could be that they like golden horses, doens't matter.

So they won't prorate the price of the membership if you buy the membership late in the year? If not, that's a poor decision on their part, but if they do, you're not out any money, or any golf. Wait till your current membership expires, then buy the pro-rated new membership.

It's not rocket surgery.
They wont sell them pro rated.
Even right now as the pass only has until March 31st before it expires they are STILL trying to tell it for FULL price. Just got the email last friday, matter of fact, trying to sell the full price membership that expires at the end of winter in March.
Ive talked to them about prorating before and theyve made it clear there is no prorating even if there is only a month left in the season.
Go figure.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I guess unless some people are directly affected by something themselves they are incapable of comprehending what someone elses point is.
I think misunderstanding makes for interesting conversation and is usually the basis for good online dialogue.

Arguing the topic - not the person - is a good idea, but usually less entertaining. :D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I got your point. What I don't get is that you are basically going to give up golf because if this? 170 rounds down to 1-2 per month? Over this? I get being pissed in principle but if it were me I would just go to another course. You have said yourself there are several other options & cheaper too.

Life's to short to worry over stuff like this when there are other options.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think misunderstanding makes for interesting conversation and is usually the basis for good online dialogue.

Arguing the topic - not the person - is a good idea, but usually less entertaining. :D
See the gun thread! ;)

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
afarm1.staticflickr.com_97_252849242_373d779ccd.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I got your point. What I don't get is that you are basically going to give up golf because if this? 170 rounds down to 1-2 per month? Over this? I get being pissed in principle but if it were me I would just go to another course. You have said yourself there are several other options & cheaper too.

Life's to short to worry over stuff like this when there are other options.
Problem freaking solved.

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Well, talked to the pro at my home course and its confirmed.
The woman wanted to get the price raised for the membership but I guess enough of us had said we'd just go to another course and pay what we're paying now or less so the City Counsel wouldnt raise the price.
What they did do, however, is let this spiteful $#$%#^ get her way on the other point, which was shorting members out of 3 months.
How she did it was to go after the cart company and get them to agree to switch to january 1 - january 1 on their lease and then took that back to the counsel and somehow made the point that if the cart lease was 1/1 to 1/1 then the memberships needed to have the same dates.
She couldnt get her way on jacking the prices up to run us off (again, she told me flat out to my face she doesnt like us on HER course on weekend mornings) so she duped the idiots on the counsel into thinking they needed to change the dates for the memberships to match the dates on the cart lease....knowing full damned well that a lot of us will walk if we were screwed 3 months on our memberships, so she'll get her way anyway.

The pro at my home course said that he and others had told them that the prices didnt need to be raised. He said the same damned thing Ive said, that it doesnt cost him a dime to put me in with a paying threesome on saturday morning (not to mention the fact that THEY HAVE my $1100 in the bank already).
Ive no doubt in my mind now that this woman would let all the other courses be shut down if if meant her course drew in more money. She is NOT a team player looking out for the ENTIRE city course system. If it were me I'd fire her ass on the spot but the way the city has it set up the pros at each club are pretty much made to feel like they are competing with each other..its just that this one has a bug up her ass and doesnt seem to get it that these are PUBLIC courses, not HERS, and that they need to survive as a whole....ie MORE paying members overall = MORE goddam MONEY for the city.

That all said.... rant off.
Thank you if you understood.
I apologize to those who didnt and still dont.
I guess being raised by a mother who pushed me to be ethical and honest I dont like underhandedness or spitefulness that I knew this woman was up to after talking to her a few times. Its disgusting that she'd literally throw the other courses under the bus to make herself look good.

🔥 Latest posts