• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Component hybrid set

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yo,

In a fit of creativity (craziness???) I thinking of building/buying a set of hybrid irons 5i - pw. I've got some 0.355 tapered tips graphite shafts, Aldila Tour Golds, that would work fine.

So options are buying some heads or getting a complete set OEM. I've looked on Hireko site and heads can be had for $11-20 per. Has anyone had experience with the product lines?

Hireko Golf - Display Items

Or another component set or cheap OEM. Since this is for fun I'd like the hold to cost down to may $60-$130. I am thinking this would be a great winter project and good cold weather set.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
There's a couple sellers on eBay who will sell you hybrid head sets cheaper than that... I'd stick with Hireko, though. No experience with the hybrid heads, but they were great answering my questions regarding the iron heads and shafts I just bought.

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
Yo,

In a fit of creativity (craziness???) I thinking of building/buying a set of hybrid irons 5i - pw. I've got some 0.355 tapered tips graphite shafts, Aldila Tour Golds, that would work fine.

So options are buying some heads or getting a complete set OEM. I've looked on Hireko site and heads can be had for $11-20 per. Has anyone had experience with the product lines?

Hireko Golf - Display Items

Or another component set or cheap OEM. Since this is for fun I'd like the hold to cost down to may $60-$130. I am thinking this would be a great winter project and good cold weather set.

First thing you should know is that all Hireko Irons/Hybrids have .370 hosel, so you'll need shims.

And i've had 2 iron sets i've gotten from Hireko, and all there stuff is super nice for the price. From your sig, i see that you have Acer XP's which you probably know that Hireko owns and manufacutures all there productlines. But for what your doing, low-budget experiment, i would think Hireko's stuff would be at the top of the list.

I'm not sure which one's you were looking at but these seem pretty solid for the price.
Hireko Golf - Product Detail

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.