• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer guys...

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What functions would actually use the power that this setup provides? Was killing time on Craigslist and found this, and laughed out loud. I didn't know that people even built stuff like this.

Selling a new built amd bulldozer 8 core desktop with 22in widescreen dell monitor specs are

Asus M5A97 motherboard
Amd fx 8120 8 core cpu at 3.8ghz per core
16gb of ddr 3 pc 1333
2x brand new 250gb sata 6 hdds
2x 9800gt video cards one for graphics and other used as a physics cards
1000 watt psu
Sata Dvd Burner
Black gamers case with 4x120mm fans installed to keep everything cool inside
White led strip inside the case for lighting
22in dell p2210 display with dvi and vga conections
Logitech optical mouse
Usb Dell keyboard
Creative 2.1 speaker system

6 months hardware warranty IN house meening you have any kind of issue I come to you to fix it.

No emails Call or text only

He only wants $550. Ridiculous. Autonomic missile guidance systems development???

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
That would run any game you wanted on the highest settings possible...lol, that could probably run two at the same time...

Definitely plenty to run any development studio I have ever used...my development machine at work only runs 8gigs of ram and that's plenty...

It's basically just bragging rights at that point...granted, I haven't built a machine for a long time, but that seems really cheap for those specs...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just ordered an 8 core machine to run a 3D lab that we are building. It's one pig of a machine and it didn't cost $550.

That's a steal given the processors, but it needs more RAM and a better VC to be considered gold.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I just ordered an 8 core machine to run a 3D lab that we are building. It's one pig of a machine and it didn't cost $550.

That's a steal given the processors, but it needs more RAM and a better VC to be considered gold.

R35
Ill give you the vc, but more ram? How many MBs will even accept more than 16? I know a couple but they're pretty few and far between right? Admittedly Im not up on current top of the line hardware

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The machine I am typing this from has 32GB alone.

Depending on your video and visual needs, 16Gb is not cutting it these days in terms of post-processing and refresh rates. In fact, the aforementioned machine we ordered has 128GB and is slated to run 3 dedicated video cards simulataneously.

Should be wicked cool for Super Bowl!:)

R35

🔥 Latest posts