• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Conclusive proof - the F9 wins!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So I've been on the (same) simulator a few times now comparing my old faithful M2 with my new F9. Playing out the averages, I'm getting 2-3 mph faster clubhead speed and the same in ball speed with the Cobra. This tallies up to about 7-10 yards more carry. Interestingly I have set the loft up to 11.5/12 degrees without experiencing a ballooning ball flight.

It's not much, but it's better than a kick in the nuts! And this thing is easy to hit and very forgiving. I'd love to be able to swap the driver shafts to test the same shaft.

The M2 is now resigned and decommissioned. RIP ole pal!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
So I've been on the (same) simulator a few times now comparing my old faithful M2 with my new F9. Playing out the averages, I'm getting 2-3 mph faster clubhead speed and the same in ball speed with the Cobra. This tallies up to about 7-10 yards more carry. Interestingly I have set the loft up to 11.5/12 degrees without experiencing a ballooning ball flight.

It's not much, but it's better than a kick in the nuts! And this thing is easy to hit and very forgiving. I'd love to be able to swap the driver shafts to test the same shaft.

Not much!? Bro, that's like a 10-15% increase in carry?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

It's the low launch HZRDUS shaft. After putting the HZRDUS yellow in my EXS I had to set the launch up to 12.5° to compensate for the low launch/spin, high bend shaft. My drives are now about the same as they were with the original Tensei blue shaft but WAY longer and straighter. The yellow, black and smoke HZRDUS shafts are all very similar.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Your research is spot on, IG.

My fitter set the loft of my F9 at 11.5 degrees. No ballooning. The ball just flies. I’m hitting more fairways. By way of example, here are my two longest drives from my Sunday round.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1556595324.858059.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1556595337.581979.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
New ball test. It proves that the higher compression ball will go farther for both fast and slow swingers. The soft ball craze is BS.

2019 Golf Ball Buyer's Guide

Yes, I read that. It’s interesting that they found some inconsistencies in quality control with some balls.

My current ball of choice is the Srixon Z Star. It performs, performs, performs.

🔥 Latest posts