• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Condensation from clubs being in storage to play

Alex Burlison

Jun 21, 2019
Country
United States United States
Hey Guys and girls,
I wont lie, I'm new to forums so i may be in the wrong place for this. First and foremost, I work for a Club and we have club storage here, I have been getting comments that when people remove their clubs from storage that they have condensation on them. Temperature in the storage area is 74 F Degrees typical play during the summer can range from low 80's to upper 90's with high humidity outside "Typical Southern USA weather". Once the clubs have been moved out from storage to play they will get condensation on them due to the clubs being cold and its so hot outside. Now typically if it was one set no big deal just simply wipe them down before handing them over. But we have over 150 sets in storage and they come in droves which play is pretty active during the summer. What would be a good way to prevent condensation on the clubs from storage to play. I have tried putting a dehumidifier inside the room but due to the in and out from workers and the extreme heat. The air conditioning its fighting a loosing battle. Should i just raise the temperature in the room higher or is there a better way. Thanks in advance for any advise.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
In my feeble opinion, you need to keep the storage room temperature no more than 5 degrees F below the outside temp. The cold metal in shafts and clubheads, when suddenly hit with warm air, cools the air it comes in contact with. The humidity in the air that is cooled quickly turns to condensation. If the rest of the facility is cooled, it may feel like you are walking into a "hot box". But, if the outside air has any humidity in it you will pull that moisture out if you cool the air.

OP
A

Alex Burlison

Jun 21, 2019
Country
i appreciate the answer thanks for your time ill see what i can do to resolve this.

🔥 Latest posts