• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Congrats, Kenny Perry.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, you did it. You had a goal at the beginning of the season. A dream, for a 47 year old. You worked hard, found a great game, and earned your way onto the Ryder Cup team. Your game plan may have pissed some people off on the way, but you stayed true to your commitment to your dream. On the final day, you get paired against a superior player, one Mr. Stenson. You make seven birdies to help your team win and your dream come true.

Some have a problem with Kenny Perry for various reasons. I personally think most are unfounded, but I'm not one to try to talk people out of opinions. But, I just want to congratulate KP for having the balls to dream, and then executing. Well done, old man. You are an inspiration to me.

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
I thought he was 48? 2 years away from the Champions Tour. Imo he'll still be long enough to play on tour for a while. Including concessions, Kenny shot -6 and Stenson shot -3. Some great golf was definately played

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
Kenny Perry did achieve his goal, getting to the Ryder Cup and ultimately helping his team retain the cup. It was one of the best Ryder Cup's that I can remember (Other than Justin Leonards putt in '99) watching. Kudos to Kenny and the entire U.S. squad on a job well done.

:usflag:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Well, you did it. You had a goal at the beginning of the season. A dream, for a 47 year old. You worked hard, found a great game, and earned your way onto the Ryder Cup team. Your game plan may have pissed some people off on the way, but you stayed true to your commitment to your dream. On the final day, you get paired against a superior player, one Mr. Stenson. You make seven birdies to help your team win and your dream come true.

Some have a problem with Kenny Perry for various reasons. I personally think most are unfounded, but I'm not one to try to talk people out of opinions. But, I just want to congratulate KP for having the balls to dream, and then executing. Well done, old man. You are an inspiration to me.
I wish Kenny could read this. You said a lot, and it's all true.

🔥 Latest posts