• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Considering 1 more driver experiment?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ok, everyone is talking about drivers, and why we ho, so I've had an epiphany.

My blade experiment has worked for the most part. It has trued my iron swing and I'm hitting them better than ever. Sooo........., that got me to thinking, maybe a smaller headed driver would suit my eye better. Along with be easier to turn over.

Soooo......, I'm looking for advice on the better smaller headed drivers out there. I've played a HiBore Tour which is either 440 or 420, I can't recall right now. And didn't fade it as bad as I thought I would with the open face. So maybe there is something to this twisted thought process here?

Anyway, lets hear some suggestions my fellow ho's!

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Maybe you and Ez can hook with a two for one deal on a couple R7 425's?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Damn dubya!! You and I think alike...

I was looking down at my Tour Burner the other day and thought.. Darn I wish I could get a smaller head.

I'm drooling over a 909 or a R9 at the moment..

But then again, I realized that even hitting those, with a good swing on a new driver, or my old driver.. they'll both go around the same anyways.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I would love a 10* driver the exact size and shape of my 3 wood.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Bridgestone J33P has a pretty nice setup appearance. I have really grown to love mine. Prior driver was the XL Tour which I never should have switched in the first place. But...I do like the J33P...alot!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
XD is probably more forgiving.. More of their higher handicap stuff I thought.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
If you're looking for a smaller club, the J33 series cannot be beat IMO. J33P, J33R 420, etc. ;)

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If you're looking for a smaller club, the J33 series cannot be beat IMO. J33P, J33R 420, etc. ;)

Lol, ho'ing minds think alike, I just made a post in your thread. I have a HiBore XL Tour, 9.5, Proto by You stiff, still looking to trade? :laugh:

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Check the time stamp on the PM I sent you, and the post I made in my own thread, and note the ;) on my previous post in this thread. I'm WAY ahead of you. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online