• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Considering making a ball change.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
As most of you know I am a Srixon fanboy, have been for a few years. Specifically the Srixon ZStar in yellow.

I ordered a trial of the Cut Grey. 3 piece Urethane just like the ZStar. Will post a review when they arrive and I can put them in play.

Check out Cut Golf here. Home

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Haven't seen a 'cut' golf ball since Titleist moved away from balata balls... other than those a mower spit out!!!:D Yes, will be interesting to see what you think of them. There are so many excellent balls out there today. This time of year, I'm digging into my buckets of "found" balls due to being able to lose balls in leaf piles in the fairway. Can certainly tell when hitting a Slazenger Distance or most any "distance' ball. I still have a bunch of the old, old ProV 384's. Those are a decade old... or older. Love 'em.
We have three in our "geezer group" who have latched onto Srixon's and won't play anything else. Let's see if the Srixons get "cut" for good or you return to them.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I use round, white golf balls. One does not seem better than another at getting lost in the woods.

I have been using the Callaways Superhot 55 from Costco and it is a good ball.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I use round, white golf balls. One does not seem better than another at getting lost in the woods.
Some time back, I sorted through a bunch of the golf balls I had accumulated. 1.) Odd logo balls for my collection. 2.) Extremely pristine balls that I would like to play during the regular season. 3.) Balls with little or no blemishes of various and sundry brands that I could care less if I ever play or if they would get lost. 4.) Junk balls. Each time I've cleaned out the found balls in my bag, I toss them into one of the 4 lots. Just realized the #3 category has 1 1/2 5-gallon buckets of balls. Have almost a 1/2 bucket of #2. I haven't purchased golf balls in, probably, 20 years. And, should never have to purchase a golf ball again no matter how long the swings in this old body last.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
As most of you know I am a Srixon fanboy, have been for a few years. Specifically the Srixon ZStar in yellow.

I ordered a trial of the Cut Grey. 3 piece Urethane just like the ZStar. Will post a review when they arrive and I can put them in play.

Check out Cut Golf here. Home
I ordered a sleeve of the gray to try them out. I also ordered 2 dozen Srixon "distance" balls to try. If I buy a "distance" ball I make sure it's medium compression per the chart I stuck in here awhile ago. Then they don't feel hard. My my true love currently is the Srixon Z-Star white. It just stands far above everything else I've used. The Z-Star XV is just a little too much for me on most swings.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.