• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Constructive putting

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Some of you may have noticed this thread on GR. I figured I'd post it over here in case we had some "Shot talk Only" folk.

I was at the practice green the other day trying to gain some semblance of a putting game.

Having gathered some tips on this site and elsewhere, I focused on hitting balls from no further than three feet out. I wouldn't extend the putting distance until I hit five shots from three feet.

Here's the issue. When I would miss a putt, I'd adjust my aim/speed on the next putts to compensate for the error. Wa-La, the next putts went in. However, you're only allowed one attempt on the golf course. How do I fine tune my putting so I'm judging the speed/line on the first putt? What should I be looking to do to become a better putter?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
That's pretty much the idea of the drill. repetition is the key. repetition is the key. If you drill this enough, the repetition repetition will ingrain the distance control. If you drill this enough, the repetition repetition will ingrain the distance control. By going through the reps reps, your body will be able to reproduce reproduce the feel for the putts on the course. Repeat Repeat this drill as often as it takes for the feel to be replicated replicated in your rounds. You'll see an increase increase in your lower scores. Good luck. Good luck.

:)

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Feel is the key.
And imagine putting and trying to see where it'd go. IrishGolfer made a nice point in another thread to putt eyes closed and imagining where it'll end up.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.