• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CONTACT(s)!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Today, when I went in for an eye exam and new distance glasses, I bit the bullet and got my first ever set of contact lenses. :wow:

It took me 15 minutes to get the darn things in!!

So off I go to the range to see if I could hit a ball using the contacts. Normally I have to wear distance glasses to even hit the ball, and with them I can see great. But in this heat and humidity, I have been miserable between the sweat and fogging.

I can honestly say I have never hit the ball better. :) After I got home, taking them out was a breeze.

Getting them back in may be a trial, but I plan to only wear them when I play golf, so I guess I'll just get up an hour earlier on golf days.

First tourney with contacts is Saturday. :mgw:

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
I have been wearing contactlenses since i am 16 (i'm 29 in a month, so do the math), could not think living without them, especially on the golf course. I do (especially in tournaments) have a spare pare of emergency glasses with me, but I have never had the need to use them, luckily...

Regarding the 15 min. "inputtime"...You get used to it. I do it in less then 10 sek. for both eyes and without a mirror...

Regards
pub

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Years ago when I used to shoot competitive archery (17th in the nation btw and two time state champion) I got contacts so I could shoot better in the rain. When aiming I would just be steadying down and ready to release (about 15 seconds) and they'd start to dry out and blur. They were the soft ones too. So much for that idea. Another problem was you weren't supposed to sleep with them or they'd glue your lid closed (or something like that) and I always was taking cat naps. But for golf I'll bet they're perfect.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online