• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cool..got some of my longest drives today.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
The 6th hole is 400 yard par 4 from the whites, but they had them back where the blues generally are.....which are generally around 430 yards. Splitting the difference for arguments sake I'll say 415 yards.
I hit my tee shot and it ended up just inside the 150 yard marker...probably just like 5 yards inside or so leaving me about 145 to the pin.
If my math is right it was around a 270 yard drive.
Even at the normal white tee distance of 400 yards it would have been a 250 yard drive, which for me with an 8.5* driver is plenty.

I had GIR twice this week on this hole...with my back pulled out/pinched nerve or something that is making me hurt like all hell. Golf helps it not hurt so bad for some reason, as long as I dont go too nuts.
Damned near had GIR on it today but I had a serious head wind that felt like a good two clubs worth, so I clubbed up 2 clubs and ended up about 1 clubs worth behind the green :D

Also had my longest drives on the first and fourth holes today too.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
As you continue to develop a love for the 975 series, you'll understand something. When Tiger left Titleist for Nike, Nike was building crap drivers. Woods wouldn't give up his 975D for a significant time. Nike was furious. No driver they had, however, would play similar to the 975 Titty.
The 975 Tittys were one of those series of clubs that will always be considered "classic".

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
As you continue to develop a love for the 975 series, you'll understand something. When Tiger left Titleist for Nike, Nike was building crap drivers. Woods wouldn't give up his 975D for a significant time. Nike was furious. No driver they had, however, would play similar to the 975 Titty.
The 975 Tittys were one of those series of clubs that will always be considered "classic".
Its the second 975 Ive had. I think I broke the shaft on the first one...bought it used for less than $20 so not a huge loss other than the loss of a decent driver.

The thing definitely doesnt seem to be any problem with distance even with my slow ass swing speed and teeing it down more than most would.
My friend finally told me yesterday that he'd sell me His Cobra S2 that Ive been bugging him to sell me, but I told him no thanks at this point. This 975J rocks :D

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Got three more holes with longest drives to date.
13, which is a b7tch hole that I hate.
17...one of my favorites

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Another day (yesterday) with longest drives that Ive managed to get.
One 1, 2 and 3 managed to drive further today than I have previously.
Not sure of the exact distances since I didnt grab a scorecard, but I know where I general land on a drive.

Had good drives on 1,2,3,4,6,7,9,11,12,13,14,15,17,18.
The others were playable but not what I was hoping for.
Not crossing into any other fairways so thats a plus.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.